free hit
counters
Exhaust size - Page 2 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exhaust size

Make a build thread in the propper section about "good girl". Will be interesting readings.

Sounds interesting. Should give you a fair amount of power witha nother turbo. The alunox manifold in my experience is not the quality the claimed it to be. Fairly many changes had to be made to mine, brfore fitting, and still issues such as no quick expanding clamps and no support stay fitting. just won't fit the manifol. No amount of contacting alunox helped. But powerwise it well done, but won't really benefit your car, untill other Things are being done, such as... the ones you have now done ;)

I installed Sport300 turbo, alunox manifold, sport300 ecu, fuelpump and fuel refulator, plus the sportscat and exhaust system, and I have consistent 330 Hk and 415 Nm and can push it again and Again without dop in presure,as my chargecooler does not get warm.

Have ordered a sport300 intake hose and will do the ram air mod. Aldo have a intake plenum extra to modify and an intake plenum extension or spacer ring. I dyno the car after each individual part is made, so I know what it does. Same dyno, same man, same conditions.

Have isolated between chargecooler and cylinderhead etc.

And have rebuilt my rariator to be a bit more efficient. Wil install better fans as well next Winter.

Along with that, i try to unload the Esprit for some of it's weight. I am now Down to 1156 Kilo drt (oil and coolant in, but no fuel). More on it's way if I am in a position to talk over the right guy to make some parts.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I found the alunox manifold a bit of a pig to fit as well. Luckily it all went together eventually but some of that was down to sheer brute force and ignorance coupled with a bit of heat. Would have been nice to have some instructions with it as well e.g. When to fit the stay as that would have saved some time and effort. I also found that the bolt arrangement between the turbo and the manifold was not ideal but that said it's easier to get at the bolts compared to an original and if it gives me the performance I want then c'est la vie.

Id be very interested to see what gains the spacer makes either performance or smoother running? 

Do you have a thread on how you have lightened the car?

Cheers

chris

Hi Chris,

Nope, I don't but I've mentioned a few Things here and there on this site, and I have alsomentioned a Little on Little Red Riding Hodd.

I'll mention a few here:

- aluminium tanks

- exhaust system

- sports free flow cat

- Sport300 seats

- carbon inner gear stick

- no spare wheel

- no jack

- no handle for jack

- alunow exhaust manifold

- carbon head lamp covers

- carbon B-post covers

- carbon airbox

- aluminium header tanks

- carbon roof

- titanium bolts here and there

- aluminium and titanium buts ans washers here and there

-

-

The spacer I don't know. From the limited production run, I haven't heard anyone report back on this.

I am into making both the spacer and a new plenum intake chamberbox plus some other related intale oath areas Work together to obtain the an effect.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

• 4 months later...
On 4/30/2017 at 04:55, chris said:

Do you have a thread on how you have lightened the car?

Cheers

chris

How to lighten the car?

Take look: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/how-lose-600-lbs-270466/

Edited by MrDangerUS

MrDangerUS

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting systems. When I did the exhaust system on my Corrado G60, I did something similar, to a degree. For example I cut up the new cat, and welded conically shaped long tubes on the each end. Haven't heard about any on an Esprit. The 911 on their video on the page, also spots Hartech, who is about the only serious contributor to the 911 watercooled 996-997-1/boxter etc. engine problems. Spent a lot of time on that. Anyway, it would be really interesting to hear if anyone had something from Vortex on their Esprit. Claims are one thing. Dyno and real World driving is another. But why not?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chris ,

Noticed your thread , I've been running the 3" Alunox twin rear system , it complements the manifold. I noticed better throttle response when I after fitting it.5a08aa0e2e9fd_StevensRear3InchTwinExit.thumb.jpg.d2246bfc79d4be95c31c27cf5813b311.jpg

Its runs at about 100 dB's without the 3 rd silencer and way below with (under 95). I love the sound of the twin exit

Also 3" single exit available

5a08aa1e0d723_Standardsideexit.thumb.jpg.0902f781a37817b9ce67ee5e24286044.jpg

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That vibration damper should be renewable and personally, I don't like the shape of the cat. It could be very free flowing inside, but the outside does not suggest that.

The idea of a fat relatively short tubing for a forcedfed engine sounds good to me. Hangers looks a bit fragile though.

Just my toøre.

Cheers,

Jacques.

Thanks mark,

I originally spoke to alunox regarding a 3” system however being an 88 car meant that the exhaust exits on the left on my car, and they only make the above rhs exit version. 

Ended up getting a custom made system from Simpson race exhausts.

Obviously Simpson can tune the exhaust to any sound/volume you like. Mine is actually very civilised which is dissapointing for the little boy in me but in all honesty better and smother from a more adult, neighbour friendly side lol! 

From a flow perspective the Simpson system increased the power by approx 20bhp.

On 11/12/2017 at 15:15, MarkKassim said:

Hi Chris ,

Noticed your thread , I've been running the 3" Alunox twin rear system , it complements the manifold. I noticed better throttle response when I after fitting it.5a08aa0e2e9fd_StevensRear3InchTwinExit.thumb.jpg.d2246bfc79d4be95c31c27cf5813b311.jpg

Its runs at about 100 dB's without the 3 rd silencer and way below with (under 95). I love the sound of the twin exit

Also 3" single exit available

5a08aa1e0d723_Standardsideexit.thumb.jpg.0902f781a37817b9ce67ee5e24286044.jpg

Mark

Mark,

What MY/model car does the pictured above dual exh system fit? Alunox brochure does not even mention Lotus, WGO?

MrDangerUS

Hi Guys,

The Dual Exit Fits the SE Turbo and S4 / GT3. However you have to shape another hole in the valance on the SE / Shorten the black Trim S4/GT3 for the other side . They are available in 2.5" , 3"  and 3.5"

2.5" Fitted to GT3

5a14848b3d461_GT4RearTwinExit.thumb.jpg.3aad268ab22f43791f5e349621234b95.jpg

3" Fitted to an SE

5a1484a77db76_Stevens3InchTwin.thumb.jpg.25d1ff5008ca9b3ca0c215a149aaa912.jpg

I have ran the 3" now for about 3 years and on track days with no problems wit brackets or resonance.

Going back to the system shown earlier has 3 silencers its not a CAT. However Alunox do produce a V- Banded 200 Cell CAT 

5a1486015dd49_06-2017Alunox-014D.thumb.jpg.209b13ae0215d4b82c6bad5a7abef6ee.jpg

Prices

All in stainless steel

single 3” £700

single 2.5” £550  

twin 2.5 £625

twin 3” £890

twin 3.5” system £1250

V-BANDED 200 CELL CAT £350 , can be fitted instead of the 3rd Silencer

all plus vat and shipping

Mark