free hit
counters
Door protection system whilst in car parks? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Dixie237

Door protection system whilst in car parks?

Does anyone know of a door protection "system" that can be used on our "non metal" skin cars for those times when parking in a NPC is unaviodable? Ive been looking around, doorshox.com for example, but they are all magnetic! Any suggestions?

cheers 

Dean

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've always found the plastic trim around the body horizontal join line to work pretty well as it is? Also parking away from the herd has to be a good way to start....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

You'll struggle to get a dent in fibreglass. Just park somewhere quiet in the car park. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

5 hours ago, molemot said:

I've always found the plastic trim around the body horizontal join line to work pretty well as it is? Also parking away from the herd has to be a good way to start....

True, for esprits I guess. I'd still be inclined to add something extra on the doors if it were avalable and as easy as some of the magnetic based products out there. Perhaps I should pop over to the Evora model forum! Parking away from the herd is not always possible either! 

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Just park somewhere quiet in the car park. 

I was going to mention that,but the OP stated NPC is unavoidable.  Most supermarket car parking,I park where no one else parks,even if it means walking

Yeah it's the NCP carpark senario that would be hardest to park "out of the way". Supermarket car parks etc, I agree, tuck the car up well away from the entrance and you"ll probably be fine for a quick pop in. All replies are right, the trim would protect in most cases.

On 3/19/2016 at 15:31, Dixie237 said:

Does anyone know of a door protection "system" that can be used on our "non metal" skin cars for those times when parking in a NPC is unaviodable? Ive been looking around, doorshox.com for example, but they are all magnetic! Any suggestions?

cheers 

Dean

Yes, fiberglass won't dent, but a good door bang will take a chip of the paint and gel coat right off and be worse than a door dent on a metal car that can have the dent removed with a paintless dent removal.

The best solution if you must park next to these people is to have clear bra put on the sides of the car.  That will protect the paint from door hits, and many other things.  

And you don't have to spend time putting on and taking off hideous looking bumpers that will not be at the right height for every possible door.

2 hours ago, lotusespritse said:

The best solution if you must park next to these people is to have clear bra put on the sides of the car.  That will protect the paint from door hits, and many other things.  

I'm familiar with the "North America" style bumper "bra"...not so the "door bra"!!...

These are quite effective, :P - sorry, I'm not really helping am I?

boat fender.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bibs said:

Just park somewhere quiet in the car park. 

And when you come back to the car you still find someone has parked in the bay next to you even though there are plenty of other spaces  :cry:

• Like 1

Always the way! We need to think of a name for this occurance! 

Lotus Magnetism or something!! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

2 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

These are quite effective, :P - sorry, I'm not really helping am I?

boat fender.jpg

Best solution so far....:lol:

I can't understand why there's all this fuss about parking an Esprit in a supermarket car park. I just get the wife to do the shopping instead.

Margate Exotics.

9 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

I can't understand why there's all this fuss about parking an Esprit in a supermarket car park. I just get the wife to do the shopping instead.

How exactly would it help Dean to chat up the ladies at the super market that are impressed with his Esprit if he sends the wife?

30 minutes ago, sailorbob said:

But what if she takes the Esprit? :)

Good point, but she doesn't usually need the Esprit to pull. There's nary a visit to Tesco's goes by without some bloke trying to chat her up as she's busy fondling the tomatoes to check the quality, or selecting a decent-sized cucumber.

25 minutes ago, LotuStuart said:

can she pick me up some sausages please?

Are you after a Cumberland ring?

24 minutes ago, lotusespritse said:

How exactly would it help Dean to chat up the ladies at the super market that are impressed with his Esprit if he sends the wife?

It's the wallet that they're impressed by, not the car. Trust me on this one.

Margate Exotics.

46 minutes ago, lotusespritse said:

Maybe he get's his wife to chat up the ladies for him. Esprit has a spare seat you know, shopping in the back....

:getmecoat:

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

4 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

Do you think that they would be impressed by the enormous size of my...

...overdraft? I am a V8 owner, after all...

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

8 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

I don't think anyone should trust you about women.  If you don't think high end cars impress them, you're not very good at this...

Edited by lotusespritse

Didn't take long to get from Tescos to boat fenders to Shan's bangers! 

Evora NA

2 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Didn't take long to get from Tescos to boat fenders to Shan's bangers! 

..never does.  So we've arrived at strapping a load of sausages to the car while my wife pops in to Tesco's, leaving me invite all of the admiring women into the esprit and fondle "fruit".

I'm definitely in the right forum. B-)...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lotusespritse said:

I don't think anyone should trust you about women.  If you don't think high end cars impress them, you're not very good at this...

The women round here think a 1.2 Vauxhall Corsa is high-end. Trust me on this.

Margate Exotics.