free hit
counters
Bringing 340R home from states - 340r - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Bringing 340R home from states

Tall James

Hiya I'm sure everyone aware of the 3.5k mile 340r for sale on eBay in Miami, my question is if I were to bring this car to the uk would it be classed as imported? I thought so but then read something saying none of these cars were sold to the states officially so I'm guessing it was a one off private export meaning officially if once had a V5 and would therefore be classed as an English car once I got it home? Am I right in thinking this as everyone says it's not road legal over there so leads me to believe unreg over there? Hope someone could shed some light as I notice it's gone from 90k originally Down to 65k now I'm thinking they may just want rid of it and could drop lower making it a worth while purchase at the right price if not going to be a grey import

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think customs would be the problem,  I would think you still need some paperwork otherwise surely everybody would be just sending cars back and fourth.?

Also bare in mind you will have to pay the funds before the seller releases the car, so you will paying out serious money for a car not checked over that is always used as a track car, then you have to arrange the shipping which you will not be there to do, cars get damaged in transport, then you could have the problem of the car been stripped and checked for drugs by customs. have seen this on vettes coming into the uk in the past. 

I personally would wait out and purchase from the uk, just my 2 pence

A

13 minutes ago, silverfrost said:

I think customs would be the problem,  I would think you still need some paperwork otherwise surely everybody would be just sending cars back and fourth.?

Also bare in mind you will have to pay the funds before the seller releases the car, so you will paying out serious money for a car not checked over that is always used as a track car, then you have to arrange the shipping which you will not be there to do, cars get damaged in transport, then you could have the problem of the car been stripped and checked for drugs by customs. have seen this on vettes coming into the uk in the past. 

I personally would wait out and purchase from the uk, just my 2 pence

Thanks for the info, I was just thinking grey import/insurance issues