free hit
counters
New Tyres! - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I'm not sure whether to be impressed with myself, shocked with myself, or just confused - but i've somehow gotten through a set of rears in 5.5k miles!

So shopping time! Tyre leader have given me a price of £150 on rear corsas. Before I push the button, I just want to check this is the right one?! The Asymmetrico-2 is throwing me a bit...

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/pirelli/pzero-corsa-asimmetrico-2/265-35-zr18-97y-112418

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously.....go outside look at the car and have a word with yourself....:)

So I guess that means it's worth the extra £40 per tyre over the standard non-LS ones? 

Wait 'til you get my consultancy bill*! *Keeping you from understeering into some bushes was free btw

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Kalli said:

I'm not sure whether to be impressed with myself, shocked with myself, or just confused - but i've somehow gotten through a set of rears in 5.5k miles!

So shopping time! Tyre leader have given me a price of £150 on rear corsas. Before I push the button, I just want to check this is the right one?! The Asymmetrico-2 is throwing me a bit...

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/pirelli/pzero-corsa-asimmetrico-2/265-35-zr18-97y-112418

Try Openeo, got mine delivered for £128 each.

Difference being with the ones that come fitted to the Exige from new, is they are directional tyres. The ones that I ordered and the ones above are not.

Thanks all - I guess the question then is - Do I run P-Zero on the front, and michelin on the back? Michelin look like better fuel efficiency/rolling resistance - but I've no clue if they're any good? 

WTF? And that 5.5k includes 1k of running in :lol:

Nawty Boy!

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

:D I'm serious! If a tyre is 'just as good' but less noisy and resistance against the road, then why not? My only fear is 'mixing' tread patterns. I know it's not as key on front vs back, but I don't like messing with my cars........#LOLWUT :D 

Oh god, you're right. Pirelli's it is. Whats the perk of going for your LS stamped ones over the ones I listed btw Arun? 

Different compound specific to Lotus. 

Since the cars don't have much weight up front they heat up quicker. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

:thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
27 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Different compound specific to Lotus. 

Since the cars don't have much weight up front they heat up quicker. 

God diggity dam. How'd you know all this stuff Bibster?  Yoo's da man.....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I spend far too much time reading this website! :D

The 2-Eleven was very hard to get heat into the front tyres, they only had something like 150kgs over each wheel which isn't a lot when you consider your average car will have 500+! 

Evora NA

Wait 'til you get my consultancy bill*! :D

*Keeping you from understeering into some bushes was free btw :)

• Like 1

Evora NA

That's for discounts, Q&A is an extra. Didn't you read page 312 of the terms?

Evora NA

:thumbsup:

Bill's in the post :D

Evora NA