free hit
counters
Ok, so whats the best colour for the Esprit? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Ok, so whats the best colour for the Esprit?

The best Esprit colour?  

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We spend so much time digressing from other topics, let it end here!!! :ph34r:

There are over 60 Esprit colour codes, so i'm grouping them to

make the poll easier and clearer. there should be one close enough

for you to vote on, if not then vote White, as it is the best, probably.

front-flank-avatar.JPG

white.gif

* "let it end here!!!" offer, only applies should white win.

But that goes without saying obviously (as i learned

the hard way when i called the SE as the early winner

in the 'what are you owning' poll). This poll is for fun,

but if white wins then it becomes gospel, obviously.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mr Britten may be a bit peeved Paul :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, added orange :ph34r:

Just didn't wanna try to list all paint codes, Blue for instance has about 8

different hues in the Lotus List and with all the silver/greys listed too would

take up the poll on it's own (even without Karls MLP gay Blue). Lotus Esprit

world does not list the Orange in the paint codes - thats why i missed it, Soz.

:)

I was thinking what the best Esprit colour actualy was, disregarding my liking for the obvious. White is the first colour that comes to mind and is probably the colour that most peasants (Errr - That be - NON Esprit Owners, Paul) think of (ie. last nights movie - TSWLM :ph34r: ).

But then again, I would be quite happy with a BRG beast cos that is the classic English Sports Car colour - in my opinion.

So what's it gonna be then White or Green ??

White or Green :)

Green or White :)

-----

The colour I chose was:

Greeewwwhhi - Bugger

RED :)

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

The best colour for any series Esprit is L25 Monaco White. I also rate Silver as a good colour for these cars. Ford signal orange looks great on S1s. Least faves are BRGreen(only looks O.K. on curvy stuff), Pearl White (too Elvis) Red (too Ferrari) Gold (Plain tacky) Black only good if car is absolutely immaculate. My theory as to white being the best colour is that Giugiaro originally sculpted the shape in plaster, so it was born in white. :ph34r:Lotus-Esprit-S1-Orange.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

but white never shines enough...

though my car doesn't deserve the honor of blackness :) I should just put barriers 20 feet around it whenever I park it... she'll look fine from there :ph34r:

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

I always think different models suit different colours. I like my colour on GT3s (obviously) but V8s don't wear it well, they seem a bit more upmarket. That Laser Blue V8, like the one Clarkson drove, looked a million bucks.

The only model that seems to suit just about any colour is the S2, maybe because it has so much black on it to balance.

Have you noticed how ageless the Esprit is? Suited and booted for whichever period (70s White'n'Wolfies, 80s Copper'n'BBSs etc etc) it just suits the period. Someone posted a McDonalds TV ad on Pistonheads taking the piss out of the 80s with Duran Duran hair and clothes, and a bloke was driving an Esprit. It looked part of the era though anything but dated.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

frankly I'm surprised yellow isn't doing better... can't think of an Esprit that don't look good in yellow. Red too.

Didn't think Blue would do so well either, whoa.

Could someone tell me what "Claret" is? :ph34r:

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Dictionary.com defines it as:-

"A dark or grayish purplish red to dark purplish pink."

Not to be confused with Burgundy another wine which is also dark red.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Can't bl88dy come soon enough. Just need to find a buyer - any buyer.

My Boss has turned into a vindictive a$$hole. :ph34r::):)

Jealousy, most probably.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Black is winning at the mo. That's funny as I never really even considered this colour before. I will be selling an S4 in black with 49K for

You're all wrong... It has to be SILVER

It was conceived as "the Silver Car" and it's a more seminal colour than James Bond's White S1... as without the first Silver Esprit there would be no Esprit whatsoever :ph34r:

Whether its a Giugiaro, an SE or a V8, EVERY model looks awesome in Silver (with both black and white a close second in fairness - Tho Pearl White kicks 4r5e)

Black is great in the flesh but (especially on a G Car) flattens / hides the shape too much

Silver

Silver

Silver

Silver

Silver

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Can't bl88dy come soon enough.  Just need to find a buyer - any buyer.

My Boss has turned into a vindictive a$$hole.  :ph34r:  :)  :)

Jealousy, most probably.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to hear that. You'll have to send him a Xmas card from Glenelg Beach along the lines "glad you're not here".

DanR

You're all wrong... It has to be SILVER

It was conceived as "the Silver Car" and it's a more seminal colour than James Bond's White S1... as without the first Silver Esprit there would be no Esprit whatsoever :ph34r:

Whether its a Giguiaro, an SE or a V8, EVERY model looks awesome in Silver (with both black and white a close second in fairness - Tho Pearl White kicks 4r5e)

Black is great in the flesh but (especially on a G Car) flattens / hides the shape too much

Silver

Silver

Silver

Silver

Silver

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

giugiaro.jpg Deara Evila Fisha, I makea da firsta Kiwi outa Blanco Plasta, da besta shada fora da automobilia. Da argento wasta maka mora attentioni atractionoi fora da showa. P.S. my nama is spelta GIUGIARO, arrivaderchi foruma moroni B)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

WHAT?!?!?

teu45.gif

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Black :ph34r:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Glad i started this now, nice to have an arena for this :(

You are all (except four of you) so very wrong though.

White is like lightning!, like the stars!, even in the darkness

it shines like some wedgy beacon guiding those colours made

dull by the dusk, home.

I am the future, remember me when you look at the night sky!

:(