free hit
counters
Ok, so whats the best colour for the Esprit? - Page 6 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Ok, so whats the best colour for the Esprit?

The best Esprit colour?  

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

heh... I recently found out that I have a reputation as "the 80s guy" at UCR... I drive the quinessential 80s car (I've always seen the Esprit as that) and am often seen sporting a members only jacket and aviators (I'm not kidding... that's been my style since 6th grade. Same Aviators. Same members only jacket. They just didn't fit me when I was 12 ;)

Everyone assumes I like 80s music, but I actually hate it for the most part... Grunge all the way! My Esprit blasts Alice in Chains and the Melvins.

slade

(the center of my BBS's are gold ;))

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest teigan

so why does your carhorn play wake me up before you go go?

the best thing about the eighties was how tight women's jeans were. makes me want to drive a delorean so i can timetravel back. more importantly, i could talk myself out of buying that huey lewis and the news LP.

Edited by teigan
so why does your carhorn play wake me up before you go go?

the best thing about the eighties was how tight women's jeans were.  makes me want to drive a delorean so i can timetravel back.  more importantly, i could talk myself out of buying that huey lewis and the news LP.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HA!!! god... wham :P Now I'm thinking of George Michael's ass, goddamn it :P I seriously wanna horn that plays la cucaracha

Yeah, the jeans were tight but they were all those weird high rise jeans. And acid washed. Very unsexy to me. I prefer modern lowrise jeans... the wrong kind of chick always wears em rather unfortunately :)

Always did want a delorean! ;) Huey Lewis... It's Hip to be Square. I thought all Giugiaro guys knew that! ;)

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Guest teigan

lowrise jeans don't hold everything up like the conventional waist height jeans do. also, i find nothing sexy about seeing a girl's butt crack, and that one bead of sweat gathering. thong underwear is quite revolting as well. a well placed pantie line is far more flattering.

a california rv store called dick cepek, used to sell the horn you mention.

I agree completely about thongs. I prefer nice cotton panties. In retrospect I didn't mean the real low lowrise... those are acceptable on even fewer chicks.

The biggest turnoff is to see a chick in a pair of jeans two sizes too small for her... and the flab that hangs around the waistline.

These your kinds of chicks teigan

denim01-vi.jpg

we should get back to car colour.  girls will avoid this forum, if they see we're being insensitive toward the double digit clothes sizes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As for the two sizes too small comment... it wasn't geared at any particular size of women, it's unflattering when skinnier girls do it and its unflattering to bigger girls.

...alright. Black is still the best ;)

slade

Dont worry about the kids at school ridiculing your 80s style, they are to busy blowing their parents money on the crap thats made today :P Not many girls to offend on the forum(2) and they hardly ever post ;) People slag the 80s like I can remember the same bunch slagging the 60s and 70s. Now the same idiots pay big money for iconic stuff from those periods. I just buy, listen and admire whatever I like and dont give a damn about what the Lemmings think, its called being an individual. ;)

Sheil_E_Sign_O_The_Times_Tour_Book_1.sized.jpg

Sheila E (Princes drummer, fine 80s bird) :P

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Vicki (my OH) reads this forum ;)

Vic is a member on other Esprit forums and i keep telling her to join and say hello.

She comes to all the UK esprit meets and knows most of the UK lot. Also she is

insured to drive (and has driven) my SE, so it's not like she's a civvy.

;)

The 80's?

Iron Maiden and donnington monsters of rock, me with mullet hair and tight jeans.

The 90's?

The gothic scene, me wearing black. Long hair. Smoking a lot and wearing pointy boots.

and...

The indie/dance scene, me wearing army trousers. Knotted hair. Dropping tabs, smoking a lot.

The 00's?

Me making big bucks E-baying old heavy metal LP's to angst ridden brazillian lads.

Gave up smokin.

Grow Tulips.

Vicki (my OH) reads this forum  ;)

Vic is a member on other Esprit forums and i keep telling her to join and say hello.

She comes to all the UK esprit meets and knows most of the UK lot. Also she is

insured to drive (and has driven) my SE, so it's not like she's a civvy.

;)

The 80's?

Iron Maiden and donnington monsters of rock, me with mullet hair and tight jeans.

The 90's?

The gothic scene, me wearing black. Long hair. Smoking a lot and wearing pointy boots.

and...

The indie/dance scene, me wearing army trousers. Knotted hair. Dropping tabs, smoking a lot.

The 00's?

Me making big bucks E-baying old heavy metal LP's to angst ridden brazillian lads.

Gave up smokin.

Grow Tulips.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You play guitar Paul? Wow... you're entire life over the last 25 years mirrors mine over the last 2. I got me a "the paul". A cheapo version of the paul with no binding, maple cap, and a sg width body. It's a gibson though, and I like it :P also got me a fender jag.

I wouldn't say I'm so much ridiculed for my 80s style as I am recognized :P The best comment I've got- (from some chick I don't even know) "Look at him! He looks just like a crooked, 80s style cop!" I honestly didn't even really how 80s I was... My friends had to tell me

Paul Ch*rgecool*r ,I would love your Mrs. to contribute more to this forum ,even if it is to tell me to shut up and lay off you ;) I think our schoolboy humour puts off the wimmin from joining in. Ask Kylie and Renu for there(valued) opinions ;)

v01023a.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Jussi, I like your Finnish Ferrari :huh:

White is still the perfect colour for an Esprit :P

James Bond cant be wrong B)

Paul C will back me up on this one when he emerges from his shed :D

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg
Guest teigan

be fair. i've never seen a factory paint ferarri in that particular shade of red, wheras ferarri white = lotus white. i still don't see why people mistake my car for a ferarri, but it isn't the colour.

I voted for yellow because it seems to emphasize the subtle curves of the car, no matter what model year. A friend's Turbo Esprit HC in yellow with red trim is one of the most stunning G cars I've seen and V8 Esprits look great in yellow.

However, G cars in JPS colors and in "British Racing Green" just look right and proper. My favorite is the Essex, but I've never seen one - not even at the Monterey Historics in 1995 when Lotus was the featured marque and the place was filled with Lotuses.

-Dave

All Cows Eat Grass

Most awesome colour i saw was a Pearl White Turbo with dark blue interior,this was in the 80's.To be honest though any esprit in any colour is cool to me....................... :huh: Mel (wife of cbclotus)x

Red's too dangerous. I have had 2 red cars and they both got run into when stationary. I was even sat on the loo when one of them was hit.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE