free hit
counters
Ok, so whats the best colour for the Esprit? - Page 8 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Ok, so whats the best colour for the Esprit?

The best Esprit colour?  

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

here is another one for you at Paul Matty sports cars

vulcan grey esprit

DOH!

I haven't seen that one before!

I can't believe you guys still got carbureted turbos as late as '91.

and I'm glad my Vulcan Grey doesn't have pinstripes!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is a stunning car, i took it for a test drive when I was looking but went for my s4 instead, it has never been out in the rain, prevoius owner was a doctor at a london hospital who dropped dead.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• 4 weeks later...
Just looked at the poll  :(

Red and Yellow tying for the lead :(

Confirms my theory that most of you would really rather own a Ferrari :(  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's only two Fezzes I'd consider owning (should I have the money) - the 328 GTS and the Testarossa. On both occasions I'd keep my Esprit in red and have the Ferraris in green most probably :( just to be different!

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

Turning up at a Ferrari Club meeting in a Verde Inglese Testarossa or 328GTS , would be a surefire method of being totally ignored by the other members :D:D

A 250 GTO in the same colour however= Industrial strenth celebrity arse kissing (by the same crowd) <_<:P:D

Ferrari_250_GTO_green.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg
heh... I recently found out that I have a reputation as "the 80s guy" at UCR... I drive the quinessential 80s car (I've always seen the Esprit as that) and am often seen sporting a members only jacket and aviators (I'm not kidding... that's been my style since 6th grade. Same Aviators. Same members only jacket. They just didn't fit me when I was 12 :o

Everyone assumes I like 80s music, but I actually hate it for the most part... Grunge all the way! My Esprit blasts Alice in Chains and the Melvins.

slade

(the center of my BBS's are gold :))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You go to UCR? I actually graduated from there in 2004 . PM me offline...

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

You go to UCR? I actually graduated from there in 2004 . PM me offline...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THE HOFF went to our school too as I recently found out! :o

all the best people went there.

also, I've changed my answer in this thread to orange, lime green, or yellow. but only on g cars.

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

• 6 months later...
ok lol i have voted as my thread was closed...lol well i wasn't a member when this thread was started so there...hehehe :(

:P

Don't like closing threads, but knew you would have not known about this one

so i thought i'd go rummage it out for you. Just re-read it all, very funny in places

and i'm glad i started it. Had to add purple for you, as it was not an option before.

B)

For a while, every thread seemed to wander into best shape/best colour debates,

now everyone just accepts that white is the definative Esprit colour, which is fine by me.

:(

:P

Don't like closing threads, but knew you would have not known about this one

so i thought i'd go rummage it out for you. Just re-read it all, very funny in places

and i'm glad i started it. Had to add purple for you, as it was not an option before.

B)

For a while, every thread seemed to wander into best shape/best colour debates,

now everyone just accepts that white is the definative Esprit colour, which is fine by me.

:(

:( thanks for finding it for me and thanks for adding purple :(

happy purza

God how is yellow rated so high? I don't know what my problem is but for me the esprit due to it's straight lines looks hotter in Black/White/Silver/Titanium..

Rounder looking cars look better in yellow, however I personally really dislike yellow.. Though I see many exotics in that color.. I don't get it..

Edited by mamovaka