free hit
counters
Footman James bought out - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Footman James bought out

Article in tonights local paper about Footman James being bought out by American firm Aon.

Says that current policies will not be affected and that Footman James will continue to trade under their own name for the forseeable future.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that the prices will change as FJ are only the insurance broker (ie the middleman) not the insurance company who actually underwrites the policy, pays the claims etc.

Most classic car schemes are very profitable for insurance companies - much more so than ordinary car insurance.

For my sins I analyse the profitability (or unprofitability as is usually the case) of insurance companies in the UK - Rock 'n Roll eh?

Bazza

I doubt that the prices will change as FJ are only the insurance broker (ie the middleman) not the insurance company who actually underwrites the policy, pays the claims etc.

Most classic car schemes are very profitable for insurance companies - much more so than ordinary car insurance.

For my sins I analyse the profitability (or unprofitability as is usually the case) of insurance companies in the UK - Rock 'n Roll eh?

Bazza

Thats nice man, Very nice man :huh:

I guess based on that then Bazz you would know a good deal with regards to insurance?

So who are you with?

I used to work for AON- there's enough about that.

However I am now working on - or rather trying to get soembody else to work on a project, it involves AON, all I can say is they get referred business that our in-house insureres don't touch simply because they are considered as very good at sourcing competative insuracne prices with a relaiable service.

So, maybe the price will not be adversly affected as a result of their take-over of FJ.

Andy

I'm with Aon funnily enough but that was simply because I know that the insurer is Royal & SunAlliance which, when I started working the the industry, was the Rolls Royce of insurers. I think their customer service is now no better than anybody else but the Esprit is 20 years old there is no limited mileage restriction.

Gordon, to be honest I can't be bothered to spend hours days on the phone in order to save