free hit
counters
Pnm exhaust need your help - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Pnm exhaust need your help

Hi every body,

I called pnm enginering this morning because I'm very interested in buying a new exhaist system.

Their price seems to be interesting to me: downpipe+link+exhaust would cost 630 euros with the delivery included.

The problem is that it's very difficult for me to buy it without having any idea of the sound result!! Does someone ever heared their exhaust? If somebody could share a video of the pnm exhaust sound, it would be great. I would be glad to hear from a sjs system too, so than I could compare...

My car is a 1987 G Esprit HC NA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks, but the first link does not exist anymore. I've seen this page months ago and was really interested in one exhaust sound, but the owner didn't remember to who he purchased it...

That's a shame, it was a very helpful webpage :(

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It looks like I was wrong... After thinking about it, I will try to find a company around Paris to make one for me. It will be done especially for the car, and if there is any issue, it will be much easier to deal with... I will post the result when done.

Yo,

I have a 912 2,2 NA engine.

I have mounted the SJ sportscars 4 in 1 manifold, with a SJ centerpipe (no resonator anymore ) and the original SS double S silencer.

IMG_20141025_165003_zps35a46498.jpg

Well... it is loud. People hear me coming inside their house. The idle is civilised, not to loud. But if I touch the pedal and the car starts pulling it goes louder. At high revs it screams beautiful.

I opened up my old SS double S silencer to stuff it with new wool , to dampen things a bit. It is a sporty sound.

Have a look at my topic.http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/67811-oopsmayonaise/?page=4

Lots of pictures and also the problems I ran into mounting the system..I had to weld in a flex piece to make things fit .

Now , I am happy with the system.

Geert

Edited by gvy

Pete,

Things just didn't fit, so I welded it in . Now it is perfect and I think it is better for the heating and cooling cycles that there is a flex in the system.

Have a look at my link. You can see before and after how I welded things.

Geert