free hit
counters
US S2 JPS 'tribute' - Haters gonna hate.... - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Geeman

US S2 JPS 'tribute' - Haters gonna hate....

I think this car deserves a genuine and dedicated enthusiast to restore it and I say keep the JPS inspired look.  Inevitably the peanut gallery are quick to point out how crap the Esprit is and say run run run.  sigh....

http://bringatrailer.com/2016/03/30/jps-lookalike-1979-lotus-esprit-s2-project/

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

:huh: What's a peanut gallery?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

It's where you go to watch a group of young ladies in tight t-shirts during cold weather. 

/Misogyny alive and kicking/

• Like 1

:hrhr:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

23 minutes ago, Bibs said:

:huh: What's a peanut gallery?

Its a phrase I've seen used over here in the US on Bring a  Trailer.  The peanut gallery used to be the folks in the theatre cheap seats who bought the cheapest snack (peanuts) and would throw them and heckle.  I think in modern day social media that translates to their comments may be considered inconsequential.   But "Advantage's" definition could be more interesting.

Looks really nice. Usually these can look crap but its a S2 with those wheels in gold. May not be one on the "list" but very nice.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

This one is right in my back yard. I exchanged a couple of emails with the owner. He is considering keeping it, but wants to see what the interest level is. I would have jumped on it had it come along 6 months sooner, or perhaps 6 months from now, but ce la vie. I hope it finds a good home (or he keeps it). 

Justin, think one of the people actually posted on that site that it just seems like an advert from a guy who does not want to sell !  the lack of interior and engine pics and the bizzare distributor story. They said it sounds like his mrs is trying to get him to sell it but he wants to keep hence the poor advert and will be followed up by a Honey i did try to sell it but nobody wants it ! :)

A

Haha Dan I hope that is true actually - I would love him to get it back on the road so I can see it from time to time. I have not seen a Guigiaro Esprit in person in over 20 years. :(