free hit
counters
2bular "Track" system - Page 6 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2bular "Track" system

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, RedViper said:

I have the track system and absolutely love it. The more and more I read about benefits of manifolds the more I want them and the harder my imagination is working to be able to justify it to my wife ?

My wife has no idea I have new manifolds. She just thought the car was going in for a "big service"!  hahaha....

Justification, meh, smushtification.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Cambelt - Nooooooo!  Tell me that's a windup and i don't have to change the cambelt on my car!  Ouch, that'll be like a clutch change - fecking expensive!

Also, wifey will not know the cambelt then does not really need changing, so that will get a great story and I can show her forum posts from other brands re the cost of these things!  Yippee - just gotta hope she does not notice the change when the car comes back from its cambelt change with a win-ace GTE front bumper, rear bumber and carbon bonnet air scoops....

So please, no real need for cambelt changes.....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Looks like a great barn find that. Should have it on the road in no time....:sofa:

5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Cambelt - Nooooooo!  Tell me that's a windup and i don't have to change the cambelt on my car!  Ouch, that'll be like a clutch change - fecking expensive!

Also, wifey will not know the cambelt then does not really need changing, so that will get a great story and I can show her forum posts from other brands re the cost of these things!  Yippee - just gotta hope she does not notice the change when the car comes back from its cambelt change with a win-ace GTE front bumper, rear bumber and carbon bonnet air scoops....

So please, no real need for cambelt changes.....

This is loosely associated with "Man Maths" !  Cambelt on most cars is 100,000km or many years, so you are safe ! ...... (But your wife doesn't know that !)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NANO said:

@Aussie: with valve closed and open, so can you tell the noise inside ? Highway ?

Valve Closed, Highway, Constant Speed = No Audible Exhaust Sound.  Deceleration = Quiet

Valve Open, Highway, Constant Speed = "Lightly" Audible.  Acceleration climbing up high into the Revs, "Very" Audible (particularly under "hard" Acceleration) but a range of "Nice" typically "Beefy" Exhaust Sounds.  Deceleration = Crackles & Pops, just what you want !

18 minutes ago, Dani said:

My question is: Why nobody discuss about quicksilver exhaust? Some of you can give feedback about it?

Who ?   Gee the quality looks really good - the welding is faultless and the finish on those tips ..... Wow !       (Not on my car thanks !)     (There-in lies your answer I think)

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 8.49.28 PM.png

Edited by Aussie
  • Like 1

On 21/08/2016 at 09:44, Aussie said:

I'd check that out carefully if I were you - I've got a feeling that the Komo-Tec system closes the Valve under high revs to keep it quiet but in my opinion, this is likely to cause either backpressure problems or place the Valve under high load and then eventual failure.  Due to this, I think it might be difficult to come up with a Valved system that's suitable for Track (unless the louder portion with the Valve "Open" is really really quiet).

More finger-in-the-air comments... it works exactly the same way as the OEM (or indeed twobular) system does.  THe KT system went through several development iterations to reach the current production item - each tested on the dyno and on road+track, for noise, power, and durability.

On 21/08/2016 at 10:22, Aussie said:

It is certainly a field that cannot be successfully achieved by just welding a few bits of pipe together.

Oh I don't know... ;)

On 21/08/2016 at 10:24, C8RKH said:

@Bravo73 I agree with you as is there not a good reason why the valve would NOT shut at high revs (and why you should not try to over-rise the valve open at high revs)? Again, i am sure I have read that if this was the norm then there is a significant risk of causing engine damage at consistent long hard high rev track runs as the closed valve would restrict gas flow and cause a back pressure build up.

Lotus have alot of noise and emissions hoops to jump through for a type-approved production road vehicle. So this is correct for the more restrictive standard exhaust. Aftermarket do not have the same issues (these exhaust are for for track-use only, right?), so less restrictive, and the valve closed is less of an issue (as long as you have a suitable durable system design).

Dave

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aussie said:

Who ?   Gee the quality looks really good - the welding is faultless and the finish on those tips ..... Wow !       (Not on my car thanks !)     (There-in lies your answer I think)

I just don't get that exhaust tip look

57 minutes ago, Aussie said:

Sorry, but I am not sure if I am understanding what you are saying, because of my english... :blush:

I understand that you dont like the tips (easy to understand :lol:, me neither). But are you being ironic when you say that the welding is good? <_<

9 minutes ago, Dani said:

Sorry, but I am not sure if I am understanding what you are saying, because of my english... :blush:

I understand that you dont like the tips (easy to understand :lol:, me neither). But are you being ironic when you say that the welding is good? <_<

I was being sarcastic.  To be totally blunt (honest), those tips and the quality of the way the system is put together is about the worst I've ever seen.    (As Tosh has also said).

Edited by Aussie

18 minutes ago, RedViper said:

Dani: The best thing you can do is speak to Jim at 2bular (you may need to try several times). Tell him what you want and at a point in the future it will arrive on your doorstep and you will be happy.

:)

Now I understand why Qsilver is not very commemted 

Actually, first thing I am going to change is manifolds and cat (2bular for sure).

I am not a "pro" but  have the opinion that the exhaust is not as crucial as manifolds in the exige. I also do believe that the design and construction in a manifold is crucial but not in the exhaust.

May be I am wrong but I think that the difference between a KT exhaust and 2bular exhaust are only details which means basically different sounds. In the other hand, diferences in a manifold could mean a worse/better performance and temperatures.