free hit
counters
Turbo vs Turbo hc - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
purso

Turbo vs Turbo hc

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Now if you want to get the Mrs and your son in at the same time, you'll have to get one of these as well

IMG_20150411_153122_zpsxilgeqvl.jpg

• Like 1

Now that you mention it - I don't think I do.

Job for the weekend I think!

I did make that point Andy, referring to Stephen's car, if the black bumpers and bigger graphics look is preferred it can be found in an early 'wet sump'. But you won't find Compomotive wheels on a wet sump, nor should you.

That would be like putting BBS wheels on an Essex! Heaven forbid!

:X

• Like 1

But that's not my Esprit :)

Here are both mine in the same location - but not at the same time :)

IMGP2363_zpseab77279.jpg

IMG_20150411_153039_zps95lgxyc4.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Andyww said:

This thread is pleasantly uncontaminated by Stevens cars :)

Just to prove that wet sump cars look the same as dry sump.

DSCN1552.JPG

I have one of these. Ok. It's only a model, but there you go. It fell off the shelf one day and now has a broken drivers window and I have to glue the drivers mirror as well. oh. and a wheel. Pity as it is a really nice model.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Looking at the above pictures its interesting how much the change to body colour of the little triangle at the base of the A-pillars makes to the appearance. They were right to do away with the tacky bit of plastic on the early cars but I prefer the black for this part.

Wow, would never of noticed that, but now you have pointed it out, you are right, the black looks better.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Those black bits become very brittle with age though, but asthetically do look better as it follows the shape of the black door frames, my 85 n/a has the newer type and everything is colour coded. But you could always spray them satin black i suppose.  My 1980 is the horrible black type. looks better from a distance but not a clean as the later A post kant rail or however you spell it. :blush: You either see them glued on or in some cases a screwed on with a black number plate plastic screw cover holding them in place :)

A

Early black version wins hands down......I've always thought that this was how Chapman intended it to be - when everything went body colour I never saw it personally as the same car. My old Turbo was an '86 model and was all body coloured........the triangle area was just another reason why I never loved it. It was a nice example but I didn't love it like I do my early one.

Here's how my current one left the factory in '82 - much more inkeeping with everything going on around it? I can confirm mine doesn't have the upgraded "black number plate plastic screw cover" upgrade - don't think I'll bother with that mod?

image_74.jpeg