free hit
counters
Driven: Lotus 3-Eleven - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Driven: Lotus 3-Eleven

TLF News

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thank you :D

According to SkedgeTimingServices, the pro was 5 seconds quicker than me and I'm taking that all day long :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Tell you what Boss, no-one's faster with the keyboard! Cyber Stig!

The 311 sounds amazing. Can you hear that much supercharger whine when you're driving or was that being picked up because of where you mounted the camera?

Shame David didn't get a clear lap but at the speeds he drives you're always catching up to something...

Does it have the new exposed linkage and DPM settings?

Questions, questions, so many questions...

The exposed linkage was developed on the 3Eleven and carried over to the Exige and DPM is via a knob on the steering column which dials in a %age slip as shown on the dash. Very clever!

Just to clarify too, I was shifting at 5k rather than the redline for noise and also to be kind to the engine which was still being run in. I think there would be several seconds a lap to be had from taking it higher up the rev range easily since there's so much power in the last 2k.

56 minutes ago, NW76 said:

how is it going to hold its value

If it's anything like the 2-Eleven, it'll be worth close to its initial cost after 4-5 years and be heading north! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It's a fabulous car without doubt and my feeling is the 400/410 engine is mapped pretty soft down low and the difference in performance if you can access the 6-7k rpm range will be marked. I'm expecting the 311 to be extreme performance in all areas once David has some proper seat time.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

1 minute ago, Trevsked said:

I'm expecting the 311 to be extreme performance in all areas once Bibs has some proper seat time

No? :hrhr:

Evora NA

Long Termer, surely :D

Evora NA

Good write up and a nice bit of film. I don't think too many of us will unfortunately get to experience that exhilaration.

Nice Helmet ?

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Exciting stuff. I laid down some decent rubber for you when I was there on Saturday, Bibs, hope that's understood :P

One question, the gear position indicator on the dash screen seems a little slow to update (minor point, I know, given it's a manual and a quick glance down is usually suffice). Is that going to be updated? Guess not given this is a production car?