free hit
counters
Where are All the Evora Sports Racers? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Where are All the Evora Sports Racers?

Greido

I visited MMC late last summer and fell for the ex-demo White SR they were selling but procrastinated too long and it was gone, a few months later they had a stunning Carbon Grey SR in stock and a mixture of a low PX offer for my X5 and the fact I wanted the X5 for winter made sure I didn't go for it.

Now, 2 months after selling my x5 privately I am still car-less for the first time since I was at school, I walk to work and can use my other halves car any time I like but it's not the same!

Since I saw the Carbon Grey at MMC I've been keeping a close eye on the market but not seen anything that fits my criteria, I suppose I've been a bit fussy, looking for a manual SR in White, Pewter or Carbon Grey but not seen any good deals, question is, where are they all?

I'd consider other colours now (except yellow) so please let me know if you are selling or trading in if you're looking for a hassle free private sale.

The Mrs is getting fed up looking at the top of my head buried on my laptop searching for my new wheels so has made the suggestion that I look at alternatives, namely a 981 Boxster or Cayman or a little left field a F10 BMW M5; all appeal but I really fancied an Evora tbh.

If you have any experience of any of the above, I'd be interested to hear what you thought of them, especially compared against an Evora.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I would personally not go for a Cayman as in my opinion the differences between it and the Boxster can't be felt on the road, at sensible speeds. The 981 Boxster has a sweet engine, but only the S has any go. It's an excellent car and a great drive. However the Evora is an even better drive and the S is much quicker than a regular Boxster. 

The new M5 would probably make your X5 feel small. I tried an M4 recently in my hunt which has an Evora at the top of the list, feel free to dig through my thread for it.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

It's exactly that.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

31 minutes ago, Colin G said:

Seems there's nothing out there these days Stu unless you want a yellow, which seem to be hanging around forever.

It seems that way and the ones coming on the market are still 45k +

• Gold FFM

Colin - we love you for it!

I can't quite get the Man Maths to work at the moment, not least as the OH has decided that we need to set a date to get married... :o

Personally, I can't see why she's rushing.  I mean, we've only been together 14 years and engaged for 3... Women, huh?

• Like 1

I just saw an advert for the 5 series saying it's a large executive car, so if you're not a large executive it isn't meant for you. Presumably the 4 series is for smaller executives, the 6 series for stouter large executives and the 7 series for fat cats?

Coming to this forum to ask about a P-car alternative tells me you know you want the Evora and just want us to provide more arguments to justify that wise decision. I'd look beyond the SR as there are some great cars from 2011 or even before this that were not SRs.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

In the words of Julius Caesar -

Vini - I went to MMC one Saturday morning almost a year ago as it was next to the Aston dealer and I had been searching for a DB9

Vidi - I noticed a red Evora. 2010, NA, manual and only 15k miles and always sold and serviced by MMC for it's whole life. Never seen an Evora before so went for a drive

Vici - I bought it there and then. On the spot. Just could not live a moment longer without it

No research. No worrying. No procrastinating. No discussion with SWMBO. No fretting over the "right spec. or colour". Did not realise they even did a supposedly faster "S" one or an SR spec.

Got a cracking deal, a beautiful, well built, sorted, fast, responsive and agile sports car for what i consider a bargain price for the pace and spec.

I've now run the car for a year. No issues (despite loads on here saying only buy a My12 or later). Build quality is superb. And running costs very reasonable. fast enough for any road I''ve taken it on in Scotland and no problem at all keeping up with an S - apart from when I bottle it / have insufficient skill - never the car not up to.

Value of the car has roughly stayed the same 12 months later.

Taken it on my first track day two weeks ago - still smiling like a Cheshire cat two weeks later!

At least two people were looking at that car and "thinking" about it. They don't like me!

I guess what I am trying to say is, don't give up. Buy on condition and service history, and buy quickly as there are not many about, good ones are getting harder to find as owners just love them and don't want to part with them. I doubt the prices will crash now. Out of curiosity, i looked again last night at used DB9's - if anything, same situation as Evora's - hard to get really good early ones, with great condition and reasonable miles, and they are definitely more expensive than they were 12 months ago. I believe the Evora is beahving the same and don;t see the 400 forcing prices down, which i think is good news for original Evora owners and 400 owners as after the initial hit I believe the 400 will perform well, value wise as it is such a cracking car.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Pity you can't take JayEmm shopping with you Andy. :lol:

When is your delivery date Tris?

I know my 400 is going to be the last sports car I own in the UK before we move to Canada, it is going to be a tough one to let it go when we move. There must have been a few available in the last seven months Gordon, but as we come in to the better weather they're going to get harder and harder to find. As I said earlier, best to get serious interest registered with MMC to try and get first dibs on any incoming used stock, Jamie at B&C seemed a top bloke when I spoke to him too, bit of a trek, but the right car will be worth it.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

I would kill him after 5 minutes Colin (no offense JayEmm it would be quick and painless!)  - I don't even go shopping with the wife! To be honest, she doesn't go with me either ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Errr ^^^^, another Evora. A 400 or 410, or wait for the 450 Roadster!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I would kill him after 5 minutes Colin (no offense JayEmm it would be quick and painless!)  -

Your kindness knows no bounds Andy

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

Lol - nothing personal ;)

• Gold FFM

Staying vaguely on topic it does seem like an Evora is one of the better cars for holding its money. Similar to the Aston Vantage they seem to more or less refuse to drop below 30K with few exceptions, rarity probably helping a lot here. This might explain why people are holding onto them, it's not much of a depreciating asset.

And I guess if the basic early cars are stuck at 30K, an Evora SR is always going to command a premium over that, and a 400 will command a premium over that, and I can't see the 400 being replaced as a model for another 4 years at least.

Now that the Evora "S1" has finished as a model, any idea if they'll be likely to publish numbers made/sold?

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

559 registered in the UK over 5 years of manufacture (figures like stats might be wrong) - so around 112 per year, hence there are so few in the 2nd hand market.

2009 - 84 - I guess those would have been the LE models

2010 - 175

2011 - 141

2012 - 63

2013 - 96

No idea about other markets though. I like the fact that there are only 558 other people that are as equally smart and blessed as I am ;)

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Wow, so if Bibs' figure of 400 pre-orders for the 400 in the USA alone is accurate, the thing seems to have been a major success already (in Lotus terms)

James Martin (JayEmm)