free hit
counters
It's finally arrived... My Visium Roof :) - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

It's finally arrived... My Visium Roof :)

I love love love that roof. Would be very happy if Lotus could make something similar but with a central joint so you could stow both sections behind the seats and some sort of clip arrangement that doesn't require a spanner or Allen key to fasten. Can't help thinking Lotus are missing a potentially lucrative opportunity here if they ignore something like this, or maybe I've unwittingly just described the Evora Roadster roof. :)

I prefer the look of the Elise/Exige with a hardtop but the problem is that once on, you are stuck with it when out and about and if the sun comes out, you can't obviously take it off to continue the journey. This pano roof seems to offer a pretty good half way solution though.

Edited by Spinney

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I recently received some details from the manufacturer regarding the two versions available:

(Prices are US dollars)

Premium version $3290
- Frame-lightened fiberglass
- Total weight around 5.0 kg
- Double-scratch treatment (external and internal sheet)
- Storage Bag
- Cleaning kit

Basic Version $2590
- Frame fiberglass
- Total weight of 5.9 kg
- Anti-scratch, only on the outside

IMO that's a lot of $$ for saving 0.9 kg, adding a storage bag, double scratch protection and a glass cleaner...

Hope this helps!

I agree with Darksol the premium is hard to justify (I went for the basic). 

Had mine weighed yesterday... 5.8kg.  Not sure what an OEM top weighs, but almost certainly more.

So one way to remove weight from the car, and arguably from the right place after unsprung weight. ;)

• 5 months later...

I also will be ordering one in the next couple of months.

My car is currently at the body shop having front and rear CF clams fitted, primed and painted Going to retain my GG (Graphite Gray) color but may add some more pearl to the paint mix.

I think that this roof matches GG perfectly :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry not been on the forum for a while, a lot of stuff going on at work...

I haven't put the roof back on yet, though it will be being reattached this week.  I'll take some more photos then :)

In the end I didn't take it on this year's road trip (Nottingham UK, to the Transfagarassan Highway) instead opting for the soft-top. In hindsight I probably should have taken it though, because it was so hot in Romania, we ended up with the roof on and A/C running so much. The Visium probably would have been a better compromise. 

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally bit the bullet and ordered the premium version - because I'm pretty damn OCD when it comes down to weight.

AND I come to find out that the top + all mounting hardware (no tool / bag / cleaning kit) weighs in at 6.163kg... much to my dismay.

I'm sure that if I take off all the mounting hardware and reweigh it will lose 500gms+ but that's not the point... they should state that "naked top weight" is 5kg. argh.

I won't have the chance to test fit it yet since the car's off at the shop getting repainted (with new carbon clams)... stay tuned!