free hit
counters
World of Supercars Show and Trackday - 24/07/16 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

World of Supercars Show and Trackday - 24/07/16

• Gold FFM

Date : Sunday 24th July (10.00 - 17.30)

Venue : Knockhill Racing Circuit, Near Dunfermline, KY12 9TF

This is a new event for Knockhill and still in the planning stages so full details of the day's events are not yet finalised.

Essentially it will be a combination of car show and trackday, with a static display area of Sports, Super and Hypercars complimented by on-track sessions for those wanting to stretch the legs of their pride and joy.

Entry to the event is FREE for display cars, plus driver and 1 passenger. If you need additional tickets for additional family or friends, these are at a discounted price of £10 per person.

If you wish to book time on track, you'll get 3 x 15 minute sessions throughout the day for £75.

A hospitality package (awaiting details of this) will be available at a cost of £20 per person.

http://motorsport-events.knockhill.com/events/world-of-super-cars

I'm in a continuing conversation with the event organisers as regards the finer details - as I acquire further information, I'll post it here. Meantime, if you're interested in taking part, please add your name (including an indication of any 'extras' you might require) to the list below and I'll start to put together a provisional club entry.

Thanks

David

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It'll take a few days to wade through the hundreds of photos I took, and to edit the video 'footage', so here are a few to keep you going meantime of those Lotus owners intrepid enough to brave the so

OK, so it looks like it's just the 3 of us then? Not enough to get a club entry organised (10 minimum) so I'll send out individual entry forms to you both ( @Grahaml @stephenwhyte )  via PM so yo

Hi guys. Just to let you know that I'm going to this event and have booked track slots. I booked it months ago, but missed this thread!  See you there! Craig

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

World of Supercars Show and Trackday - Entrants

Name                                       Car                              Track Time?    Additional Tickets? (number)     Hospitality?

Alfa2Evora (David)                  Evora NA                           Yes                      No                                          No

• Al. pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 4/17/2016 at 20:56, Alfa2Evora said:

World of Supercars Show and Trackday - Entrants

Name                                       Car                              Track Time?    Additional Tickets? (number)     Hospitality?

Alfa2Evora (David)                  Evora NA                           Yes                      No                                          No

I might be tempted

Grahaml,                                      Esprit V8                             Yes                    1 (TBC)                                     No

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Yeah me too (if it's dry)

It's at the end of July, it'll be fine...............................................................................oh, wait a minute. We're in Scotland - point taken! :P

• Gold FFM

Grahaml                                  Esprit V8                            Yes                       1 (TBC)                                 No

stephenwhyte                          Esprit S4s                           No                       No                                          No

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Anybody else? Come on, it's a free day out surrounded by exotic metal (and carbon fibre) if you display your car. What's not to like about that?

At this rate, Lotus are going to be outnumbered by Bugatti.

The closing date for entries is fast approaching (only 2 weeks to go) so be quick or be sorry!

• Gold FFM

OK, so it looks like it's just the 3 of us then?

Not enough to get a club entry organised (10 minimum) so I'll send out individual entry forms to you both ( @Grahaml @stephenwhyte )  via PM so you can get yourselves in - remember, each display car gets in FREE along with its driver and 1 passenger. You only need to stump up the readies if you need extra spectator tickets or you want to book track time.

Rory Butcher at Knockhill has confirmed that if any other Lotus owners appear in the bookings of their own accord, he'll try to ensure that we're all allocated to the same section of the display area so we might yet look like a cohesive unit. He has also confirmed, to allay any lingering doubts about the safety of the track sessions, that the event will be strictly 'policed' so any 'loads of money to buy a flash car but zero ability when driving it' hooligan antics will be quickly and firmly dealt with to preserve the safety of everyone and everything out on track.

See you there! :thumbsup: .

David

• Like 1

I am still sitting on the fence about this one as just so busy at the moment with house build.  I am due home on Friday but I want to get a feel for my time before committing.  Sorry I can't be more specific.  I didn't volunteer to go on the Rescue Unit that is going to be present when they published the lists 6 weeks ago so that I kept it free for this.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• Gold FFM
On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 04:23, Al. said:

I am still sitting on the fence about this one as just so busy at the moment with house build.  I am due home on Friday but I want to get a feel for my time before committing.  Sorry I can't be more specific.  I didn't volunteer to go on the Rescue Unit that is going to be present when they published the lists 6 weeks ago so that I kept it free for this.

On that basis, I've PM'd you an entry form just in case.

Good - I won't be the only Lotus going round then - although I might well be the slowest (don't want to break anything!!)

My entry is in and when I spoke to Knockhill the were going to post passes that evening so should get them probably tomorrow.

Hopefully sunny

Graham

• Like 1

Ah, I'm sure there will be a handful of Loti there/on track.

I don't think I have any tickets for this yet either and if I have then I don't know where they are!! Hmmm... you might be on your own afterall :blush:

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Don't panic Craig - everybody's tickets have only just been posted out, so we should have them in the next couple of days or so, Royal Mail willing.

Lotus will definitely now outnumber Bugatti - phew!

Got them through yesterday :)

I know that Jason is attending in his Evora S too, so we definitely will be outnumberingredients Bugatti. Although I guess it would have been nice to have claimed to be more rare!! 

Possibly one other Lotus. My son asked today if he could take the GTE to Knockhill on Sunday. Not sure what his plans are but he seemed to suggest he knew someone and could get the car in on display. My daughter in law will possibly take my BMW 1M Coupe too. I am away on holiday so can't be there myself. 

Looking good Graham!!:thumbup:

Sorry I didn't manage to get along today David - late night for me on Sat night and seeing the rain this morning confirmed it for me........I want going to manage sadly.

Hope you all had a good day!!