free hit
counters
Alunox Turbo manifold - Page 2 - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

you can put me down for one

i have been looking at the Stevens manifold for 6 months now.  very happy they decided to make on for our cars :)

is that a turbo smart wast-gate they are using in the pic's?  i would like to know so i can buy one that fits correctly when that  time comes

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Guys ,              Just an update this is the collector as seen earlier in the CAD drawing , the other flanges will follow soon. Once a full manifold has been produced I will post. 

The question is, why did they go with cast iron originally? I would suspect the reason was simply cost. The cast parts were probably cheaper to produce in those days but now the balance has tippe

This is great news generally. i currently have my name down for 2 cast ones with Bibs if Lotus will do a new run.  To be honest I would prefere this for originality sake especially for the dry sump.  

Posted Images

I'm getting close to needing to mount my cast manifold and would love to have this instead and only do the work once.....  Any update on delivery??

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo

x2 with NR2k--I checked out the Forum Sponsors section et al. and didn't find anything. Eagerly checking the exchange rates each day between USD and GBP...

Hope to see an update on the price soon!

Cheers,

Scott

1986 Esprit HCI (Bosch-injected)

19 hours ago, greentengu said:

x2 with NR2k--I checked out the Forum Sponsors section et al. and didn't find anything. Eagerly checking the exchange rates each day between USD and GBP...

Hope to see an update on the price soon!

Cheers,

Scott

The exchange at 1.45 is very favorable!!!

On 5/27/2016 at 14:42, stephenwhyte said:

I'd happily buy your cast iron one if you have no use for it......Is it new?

Mine is used and I'm close to needing to install it. SO for now it's on the shelf and if we don't have some solid info, it's going on the engine and getting used with the Alunox manifold as a back up option...

I really would like the new headers but can live without! 

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo

i have a question,

i noticed in the pic's you posted they have the waste gate mounted on the top side of the manifold.  is there any way they could make mine with the wast gate on the bottom like from the factory?  i have a stainless borla system  on my 1983 esprit and it has a second pipe just for the wast gate. this would greatly help me with getting everything to fit back together correctly

lotusnew 089.JPG

Hey Mark et al.--

Feedback for the American-market HCi cars (which extends to '88 models): remember to incorporate a bung for the Oxygen Sensor placed about one+ inch before the turbo; on my car, it is nearly vertical, canted maybe a few degrees toward the front/passenger cabin. Just figured I'd mention this, as I don't see one in the preview model posted on the previous page.

Also, fyi, my car has a single 3" outlet for the exhaust rather than dual outlets. Not sure if that matters.

Cheers,

Scott

OK Guys Group buy up and running on Site Sponsors and FFM Discounts. Scott I've passed on your comments and it will be addressed. If your interested put your names down under the new thread and I will keep an update on the numbers.

Mark

Update--another thought:

If memory serves me correctly, the earlier Turbo Esprits have a waste gate spring that opens at a lower pressure/vacuum than the later, '86-'88 Turbo Esprits--something like 8.0 vs.9.5 or something? Not sure, but I think that may necessitate having different values for the (really well integrated) waste gates depending on the model years of the cars (in addition to the addition of the O2 sensor bung for the American turbo esprits '86-'88, which you already addressed--thank you!).

Cheers,

Scott

Ok having given this some thought and given the fact it looks like Lotus aren't interested in producing another batch of cast iron manifolds.........I'm in for one of these as it looks like it's the next best option.

I've looked for the other thread you mention Mark but can't see anything..?

Exhaust looks great Mark.

I think you'll have some happy customers.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Ok Mark after some serious thinking I think this option is good for me. If I ever get an original cast iron one I can always refit.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

And so he finally crumbles !!! :thumbsup:

Was loosing the will to live Barry......so yip I crumbled :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Not too late. Follow the instructions here and add your name to the list at the end of the thread :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1)  @rocket63 - Stevens S4 1995 Manifold - UK

2)  @jcslocum (1984 G-Car just manifold)

3)  @pmlee  (Stevens SE, just manifold) - UK

4) @x180r19 (Stevens SE, just manifold) - CO, USA

5) @lewtus (Stevens SE, just manifold) style. (4 & 5) can ship together to CO, USA)

6) @Htown (Stevens SE, manifold only) Combine shipping with #4 & #5? - CO, USA

7) @greentengu G-car, just the manifold kit - PA, USA

8) @Bloodnok 1986 Turbo HCI Giugiaro  - Manifold only. - UT, USA

9) @chris  Stevens 1988 carb turbo - UK

10) @gfallon 1983 g-car manifold kit - MI, USA

11)  @NR2k- 1984 G car full system, no cat, standard turbo flange - UK

12)  @andmac - Stevens Manifold - UK

13) @Saturn Silver - Stevens GT3 manifold - Sweden

14) @Teava12 - Stevens manifold - French Polynesia

15) @stephenwhyte - G-car manifold - UK

16) @NigelM- G-car manifold + exhaust - UK

17) @CarSalesman - Stevens manifold - PA, USA

18) @DrieStone - G-car manifold + catless exhaust- CT, USA

19) @Mrbmist - Stevens manifold - MD, USA

20) @faykfox - Stevens manifold - NV, USA.

21) @dawn - Stevens manifold - Istanbul

22) @ATSAaron - Stevens manifold -TX, USA

23) @DaveS4s - Stevens manifold - GA, USA

24) Mattzx - G car full system (no cat) - '84 Giugiaro Turbo - UK  - Full System Based on 10 GB

25) keith95S4 G car full system (no cat)

26) Stormy69 - Stevens

27) Zig - Stevens

28) Quadcam - Stevens manifold for 93.5 -usa

29) @850 Combat - Stevens with external connection capped Oregon USA 97141

30) MrDangerUS one Stevens s4s manifold same option as Zig's ( without the wastegate port option, w/new collector option ), shipped to USA

31) Jenna'sEspritTurbo -  (1983 G-Car just manifold) Milford USA

32) Top Plumber - Stevens Manifold

33) Splashout - 1986 G-car manifold only for standard back box

34) DJ Bob 1983 G-car everything up to the turbo. Fla USA

•  
Edited by DJ Bob
  • 2 years later...
On 26/05/2016 at 09:18, gfallon said:

you can put me down for one

i have been looking at the Stevens manifold for 6 months now.  very happy they decided to make on for our cars :)

is that a turbo smart wast-gate they are using in the pic's?  i would like to know so i can buy one that fits correctly when that  time comes

• 9 months later...