free hit
counters
My first few months with an Evora 400. (Be warned it goes on a bit) - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

My first few months with an Evora 400. (Be warned it goes on a bit)

400's now dead common around here  ;) (Evesham way) 

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought I'd add a little write up now that I've owned my 400 for four months and a few thousand miles, be prepared for the fact that it's going to be pretty much overwhelmingly positive, though we m

Haha, the car gets treated well Andy, just like any car I've ever owned. I should probably point out I think it's also the only car I've ever bought where I'm not looking to the classifieds for what c

Yes but those examples haven't been driven by Colin G...

Hi Colin,

Would be great to get another update now that it is a year later!

Any advice for buyers or things you would have done differently in managing the car?

The seat squeaking noise is well documented.  Have yours been sorted pre/post purchase or still going on?

Thanks a lot

• Gold FFM

@PAR he sold up. New owner is in here. Yes the seats got sorted. I get the impression that pretty much everyone's seats are sorted now

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

4 hours ago, Colin P said:

@PAR he sold up. New owner is in here. Yes the seats got sorted. I get the impression that pretty much everyone's seats are sorted now

My rails are at Hofmanns waiting for me. :lol:

must book it in.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

On 18/05/2017 at 19:16, PAR said:

Hi Colin,

Would be great to get another update now that it is a year later!

Any advice for buyers or things you would have done differently in managing the car?

The seat squeaking noise is well documented.  Have yours been sorted pre/post purchase or still going on?

Thanks a lot

As the guys above said, it went at Christmas. To be honest I don't miss it at all, which is surprising as I thought I would have. Great fun for the year I owned it (at least when it wasn't causing any grief) but I think should I feel the urge to buy another sports car I'll give something other than a Lotus a bash. Not that I'm knocking the cars, love 'em, just think I'd need a change. Bought two new sensible cars since it went for me and the other half, kind of opened my eyes on the quality stakes. Boring as hell to drive mind you, Lotus always wins on that front! :D

• Gold FFM

I guess middle age eventually catches up with everyone. 

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

How was it for you twenty years ago Andy? :P 

I'll buy another sports car at some point no doubt, it's just that right now I have neither the time or need for one. And if I do I reckon it'll be a V8 again. :) 

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

I can't remember. I think I was able to eat solids!   :)

Good call re the V8, as long as they're still building them......

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

On 22/05/2017 at 21:52, Colin G said:

Bought two new sensible cars since it went for me and the other half, kind of opened my eyes on the quality stakes. Boring as hell to drive mind you, Lotus always wins on that front! :D

That's the problem. My daily car from Munich (V8 model, not that pussy Turbo charged fake noise emitting thing) showed me what a £50k can be built like and what a proper Motorsport engine that revs to 8500rpm engine feels and sounds like... The quality of everything is so good. Problem is that compared to a Lotus on the road it is boring and I don't actually love it like I did the Evora. 

Solution, keep the boring car and buy a cheaper Lotus for fun.. tick and tick! Elise's are static in value at the mo, I absolutely love mine. I get all the satisfaction the Evora gave me and more because it's so pure in what it does. 

Or as I'm considering get the flawed but brilliant Alfa 4c.. It was discusssed on another thread by owners on here, could be a lot of fun. M3 is great but I yearn something I love rather than admire.

A cheap Lotus actually makes sense. I have so little time for 'fun' driving these days, at least I wouldn't have the concern that it was a majorly depreciating car like my 400 was, and I wouldn't mind it sitting for extended periods. Maybe.......

:)