free hit
counters
Garage / workshop? - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Garage / workshop?

martynw

Long shot this I know, but I have a Lotus Esprit that needs quite a bit of work to get back on the road after at least 10 years of being off the road.  I am keen to do this, but having a real problem finding anywhere to do it.  I'm bet I'm not the only person in London struggling for space for hobbies, but wondered if anyone had any leads on at least a temporary home for it.

I'm in NE London, but would consider a reasonable amount of travel to it - pretty much anywhere would be better than the 4 1/2 hours to my brother's barn where it is currently sitting.  Anywhere inside (or near to) the M25 from about the A10 round to the M20 would be OK.

All leads followed up gratefully.  Also happy to do deals such as clearing/restoring/fixing up an old shed in return for temporary use, or just the the usual rent etc

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...

Still struggling with this. Just wondering how many people on here thought they might use a sort of membership workshop where you could book a space/ramp/spray booth etc. May be a pipe dream but wondering if it is a possible to set up.

Might be worth a call to @Rapid Mechanical Services in Romford to see if they can help out with space/access to their ramps at the weekend perhaps?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 9 months later...

Well a long time after asking I have got a workshop unit to work in. It needs some work and sorting, but there is space for others to work there (at a very reasonable rent) once I have ensured all relevant safety standards are met.

Happy to discuss with anyone interested and hear you ideas on what would be most useful.

• Like 2

I have got a very late s3 NA to do, though probably going to start with an old 3 litre Marcos Also got an Elite s2.2 and Elan +2 which are both runners but could be improved.