Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elan m100 rad cap - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elan m100 rad cap

clivef38

This might be a silly question but should there be a rubber seal inside my Elan m100 rad cap. Mine does not and it also runs cold even with a new thermostat fitted. Thanks for any help.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the temp gauge will rest at about the 1/4 mark when running at the right temp......

as for the cap?....I cant recall.......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Thanks Gareth. Thats ok then at least i now know that the temp is ok. Does this also mean then that the heater is not too good for keeping the cabin warm?

no the heater should be fine.....

if its not working I think there are some heaters left....so you should be able to replace it.....

Im guessing you have the 4 position heater rather than the 6 (as its a 91).....

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

As for the heater, or lack of heat, check the control valve under the bonnet. The internals had collapsed on the wifes letting no water circulate. I had to remove and fit a piece of pipe as a temp fix. But boy, was it warm in the car. Now fitted a new valve from a Jag XJ, I think, but I recon the valve is in the wrong way round as no hot flow to the heater matrix. Her gauge also sits about the 1/4, and yes there is a seal in the cap.

Another job to do when I get back to the UK. Ah well it's a Lotus.

I have a new valve fitted and it moves when its supposed to. I think i need a new rad cap as the system does not have any pressure when hot. I will check the air mix flaps at a later date. Thank for the help.

The coolant expansion tank cap has a rubber seal.

The bleed valve is under the n/s headlight pod but can be brittle and break easily.

Try sniff and mayonnaise tests for signs of hgf.

Bring it to Duxford tomorrow.

Dave.