free hit
counters
Second set of alloys & Trofeos or Change Suspension - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Second set of alloys & Trofeos or Change Suspension

To continue a discussion I have just been having with my mate.....If you had a fixed pot of cash to spend on your car to improve handling... 

would you be better of getting a second set of alloys and some track tyres or spending money on a suspension upgrade (Nitron 1 ways). Both would cost a similar amount.

But what would give you better lap time on track?

Edited by RedViper

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tough call but I'd think sticky tyres would be worth more lap time than Nitron's, but track days aren't really about lap times, they're about having fun. I'd rather have some Nitron's to play with.

Yeah I agree with that, it was more of a hypothetical question really. also I don't have ability to extract all performance out of car standard. But like anything once you had something a while its fun to have a tinker with it.

When I had my S240 Exige I had a second set of alloys for that with R888s on and they were great and you could really feel difference compared to road tyres (Toyo R1R), but I have never changed suspension on a car so don't know how that changes feel etc.

Problem with sticky tyres is they soon need replacing and can't be played about with to suit your driving style or the track. Nitrons allow more flexibility and will help you understand more about the car as you play with them.

Sticky tyres also put a lot more wear on the suspension components.

Oh, and TLF full members get 10% off Nitrons via our online shop :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.