free hit
counters
Boot Bag - any pictures? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi Guys,

just got my brand new boot bag from SJ's.   It came with seven press studs.  Just wondering if anyone has a picture or two of the boot bag installed in their esprit so I can see where the press studs go - as the previous owner of my car removed them, filled the holes, repainted boot and carpeted so I can't see the old locations.  I suppose I can guess, but would be a lot more help if I can see some photos of an actual install.

thank you !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Steve - Here you go.

5 are very obvious

y3m31V16Et1LynQWeYzQvD9fhWjnKHNiYoa6p5n_

y3mfPyPCbxVGa9namliTykz1P91VNpK4byFSLUTK

And you can easily pop them on/off.

y3mvj22vxORbwNJvteOOsv-1dvdOH53GJz40SKmO y3moNSPj3mXV59W0viPmFuqtNSNloAf5HIU8pEWl

The two at the rear are hidden - you can see them in this photo.

y3m14NokFX82pMGRYcWUW04yZTwZvUad9obkAQ_c

perfect - thank you !  just can't see the last two in the last picture though?

The bag sort of folds back on itself. On the last picture, you can see the top of the two little squares which are the fasteners - I assume that they are the same as the others.

The bag is attached with screws at the rear folded-over edge, using a strip of metal and spire nuts on the body.

Andyww is correct as my first S3n an 89 had the same, but my second S3 which was only 1 year younger is completely different as it doeesnt have the bag, only the cover held with presws studs all the way round.

@Andyww - thanks for that, saves me trying to pull them out to see how they are fastened :thumbsup:

thanks guys - so now I'm really confused !  So, I get the five easily spotted ones, but are you saying that it only uses five press studs and that the bag of the bag is screwed in with screws on a metal strip?  Then what are the extra two press studs for?  Sorry, just can't picture it !

Thats correct, there are 5 press studs only and the back edge screwed on. There are no other press studs.

Is the boot bare inside apart from the bag? No carpets or panels etc. i have an 84 turbo with bare boot - no bag, carpets, panels or anything. 

It's just a zipped up bag. There are no flat surfaces behind the bag on which a carpet would go, plus you have the studs where the bag connects to the body. If you have flat surfaces and no studs, you probably need carpets. No flat surfaces and studs, you need a bag.

• Like 1

I took the bag out of mine...it was of the type where one edge is retained by a steel strip and screws. Got loads more space for luggage without it!! Can fit a quite large suitcase in the boot now.

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Thanks Chris & John, looks like i should have carpets then - there are a couple of press studs but they are not in the right places. So do the carpet pieces just glue on to the inside of the body shell? what about the rear lights? oh and looks like my battery cover board is missing. 

I could use the extra space as well so looks like carpets are best for me too. 

Funnily enough ive just also ordered the boot bag from SJ, Here are some photos of mine from my 85 S3. Hope it helps :)( Im just refurbing the boot floor hence it being out.)

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

• Like 1