free hit
counters
Spa next week? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Spa next week?

alias23

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

ME!

It's going to be my first time to Spa and I can't wait. I'm staying in an auberge in Stavelot so I'm up for a quick beer on the Wednesday night if you're around.

Wish I was. I think I will wait until next season to have my first trip to spa. Good luck though and have fun at what must be one of the best tracks in Europe.

7 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

ME!

It's going to be my first time to Spa and I can't wait. I'm staying in an auberge in Stavelot so I'm up for a quick beer on the Wednesday night if you're around.

Hurrah! Be great to put a face to the name and assuming your in the red Evora should be easy to spot! ;)

3 hours ago, Crouchy said:

Wish I was. I think I will wait until next season to have my first trip to spa. Good luck though and have fun at what must be one of the best tracks in Europe.

I've got to say its my favourite track of them all - I'd rather be at Spa any day vs the Ring or any other circuit.

Very magical place and just praying for dry weather! Crouchy hopefully we'll get some track time together in the UK soon - Keen to see your Primer Grey in person!

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

5 hours ago, alias23 said:

Crouchy hopefully we'll get some track time together in the UK soon - Keen to see your Primer Grey in person!

Yes We should all try and do a trackday together. Would be good to see arun's Cup too. Turns out i can no longer do donington or anglesey in june as im in germany with work that week.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Crouchy said:

Yes We should all try and do a trackday together. Would be good to see arun's Cup too. Turns out i can no longer do donington or anglesey in june as im in germany with work that week.

Agreed!

As for Spa...my first visit ever there will be with LoT on their June date. 

On 5 May 2016 at 19:26, alias23 said:

Anyone going to Spa next week with Lotus on Track?

Will you be there over the weekend of 13/14/15 for the Spa Classic? I'll be there with my son in our V6, on the event organised by Bell & Colvill. It includes three 30 minute track sessions over the weekend, as we did on the same event last year. It's a great track to drive.

• Gold FFM

Good isn't it :lol:

Lap time? :unsure:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

No idea on lap time. (Genuinely. I seemed to pay more attention to the briefing this time when we were reminded about no timing devices). 

I treated today as my 'introduction to Spa'. If I'm honest, Spa won this bout. But I'll be back. Oh hell yes, I'll be back. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Yep, definitely deserves respect.

Raidillon & Eau Rouge, hard to beat combo.

Must book a return trip.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

• Gold FFM

Sounds like you're still buzzin!

Doesn't fade either.

St James opposite the Auberge (where you're staying right?) does a very decent meal.

Epic day, shame about the two oil spills making the afternoon a little dicey but all in all epic day and Spa still remains a very magical place.

Great to meet you @Bravo73 and safe trip back tomorrow!

www.alias23.com

Great track, having only done a session in the damp with the XBOW, which was interesting ;) . Would love to try the Exige on there 

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Epic day, shame about the two oil spills making the afternoon a little dicey but all in all epic day and Spa still remains a very magical place.

Great to meet you @Bravo73 and safe trip back tomorrow!

Hope you got some video! And no claiming Sarah's fast laps as your own ;)

It does not look like we are going to make it back until November now.

• Like 2

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Sounds like you guys had some fun there... makes me even more sore that I missed it this time... I have to go there this year... can't wait for the Videos ;-) 

Cheers

Norbert

Norbert, 16th June with Lotus on Track is another opportunity (There's still spaces). There will be a couple of us from here there.

My only previous visit to Spa was nine years ago. It's about time I went back!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, LF1 said:

Hope you got some video! And no claiming Sarah's fast laps as your own ;)

It does not look like we are going to make it back until November now.

Need to check the GoPro but must admit it died of battery half way through the morning... excuses excuses lol

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

I can say this....

- Trofeo's are pretty awesome, makes the car feel soo much better! 

- Trofeo's melt! At one point had a lot of pick up from the track, took the wheel off, and the tyre looked like molten rubber! A few laps later all pick up removed and all good.

- Pouhon is very fun! 

- Had frequent problems with getting into 2nd gear at La Source. Grrr may make a slight adjustment to the cross gate cable again. Or am I starting to hit the limits of the v6 gearbox?

- I could commit more to Blanchimont once i've gone some bigger balls.

- Spa has the best circuit restaurant i've visited to date. Real nice food and setting with the roof top garden.

- From the wonders of Gloucester, the drive is long! Very long with traffic! *

- Oh yeah Spa is still awesome and epic and I'm already missing it....

* Need to see if theres a two day consecutive track days at Spa next year :)

www.alias23.com