free hit
counters
Alunox Esprit Turbo Manifold Group buy coming soon - Page 2 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
MarkKassim

Alunox Esprit Turbo Manifold Group buy coming soon

Ah, regrets of an early adopter, If they weren't so damn pricey, I'd trade in my MKI Stevens unit for a MKIII T4 G-car unit.  Trump's car parts tariff would likely $mack me on the import now though.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I need your opinion on if its worth getting the external wastegate or not. Any thoughts?

Hi Pan, I take it the  V band flange is for the connection of the rear system to the turbo, Leon can help you with that , you will have to send him the dimensions. 

The difference in the pipe layout is only changed for production , they are still collect in the same order , just 2 overlaps 3 or 3 overlaps 2.

Hi Franco, for our needs I think the internal wastegate is fine. I know the external units can have better flow ,but they are very expensive and are really used on professional 

race cars. I know the S3 Esprits use one ,Alunox developed that set-up so it was a direct replacement. 

After dynoing my car I found I needed the Stiffer spring in the wastegate, as the flow characteristics of the Alunox manifold blew the wastegate open. The medium spring couldn't hold it.

If you were going for very high power say around 500BHP then maybe go for the external.

Mark

Hey Mark, I'm curious about the spec's on your system as installed, do you have the build listed somewhere?

I'm running the "low" boost capsule on my EFR and have had no problems with the wastegate control. I'm using the B-W provided solenoid, controlled by a Megasquirt MS3X, but I'm keeping the boost low (<=10psi/160Kpa) in deference to my Citroen transaxle, so I might not in the same boost range. 

Hello Pan, what power level are you plan on running? 

G25-660 is a very good unit, fairly compact for the flow with very high EGT capability and available as a integrated wastegate unit as well. But spool-up of the EFR is better due to TiAl turbine which is 40% lighter than standard wheel material and 50% lighter than G25 high temp material, so if you don't go for more than 500hp i think EFR would be the better solution.  But if you go over that it might be easier to fit G25-660 over EFR 7670 packaging wise. 

Edited by plumdeplakmuis

Hey Mark, Thanks for your help. The thing that I am looking for along side more power is reducing turbo lag even if I have to go with a smaller turbo. I like the external wastegate option. I will have to make up my mind.

14 hours ago, plumdeplakmuis said:

Hello Pan, what power level are you plan on running? 

G25-660 is a very good unit, fairly compact for the flow with very high EGT capability and available as a integrated wastegate unit as well. But spool-up of the EFR is better due to TiAl turbine which is 40% lighter than standard wheel material and 50% lighter than G25 high temp material, so if you don't go for more than 500hp i think EFR would be the better solution.  But if you go over that it might be easier to fit G25-660 over EFR 7670 packaging wise. 

Around 400whp. I want a really fast spool up time and response. it seems that g25 series is a good choice for this and its efficiecy is much better than EFR7670 , it has smaller compressor and turbine wheel and I can choose a 0.72 turbine housing.  So I think it can compensate its weight. But G25 is lack of the choice for turbine flange and no twin scroll choice for 0.72 A/R.

On 18/03/2019 at 04:09, MarkKassim said:

Hi Pan, I take it the  V band flange is for the connection of the rear system to the turbo, Leon can help you with that , you will have to send him the dimensions. 

The difference in the pipe layout is only changed for production , they are still collect in the same order , just 2 overlaps 3 or 3 overlaps 2.

Hi Franco, for our needs I think the internal wastegate is fine. I know the external units can have better flow ,but they are very expensive and are really used on professional 

race cars. I know the S3 Esprits use one ,Alunox developed that set-up so it was a direct replacement. 

After dynoing my car I found I needed the Stiffer spring in the wastegate, as the flow characteristics of the Alunox manifold blew the wastegate open. The medium spring couldn't hold it.

If you were going for very high power say around 500BHP then maybe go for the external.

Mark

Mark, both of the inlet and outlet of turbine are V band but with different size, Is it possible to send Alunox the turbocharger or  turbine side for alignment?

On 19/03/2019 at 16:22, pan said:

Mark, both of the inlet and outlet of turbine are V band but with different size, Is it possible to send Alunox the turbocharger or  turbine side for alignment?

Hi Pan, I believe you have managed to speak with Leon about alignment, I've sent sent some info as well.

Mark

On 21/03/2019 at 14:33, MarkKassim said:

Hi Pan, I believe you have managed to speak with Leon about alignment, I've sent sent some info as well.

Mark

Mark,

Do you know if Alunox solved the "narrow neck"  @ collector issue?

I.E.: the area where 2/3 branch merges with 1/4 branch?

Stainless_manifold_00.jpg

post-10519-0-48162400-1358527818.jpg