free hit
counters
V6 Cup & V6S owners - Opinions on road only use - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

V6 Cup & V6S owners - Opinions on road only use

Numanoid

On 10 May 2016 at 19:29, Numanoid said:

Does that mean you wish that you had bought a V6 Cup, and is that now on the agenda?

Simon 

Hi Simon,

yes I think we should have got a V6 Cup

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hey Simon, I too (recently I write) congratulations on the new arrival.
I'm sure you will have much pleasure in driving on road (and possibly also in the trackday).
Photo?
Enjoy it and a lot of fun ..

• Like 1

When is the Sport 350 Cup out ?

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

'Sport' and 'Cup' are separate products, there won't be a Sport Cup car. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ok, any ideas when there will be a Cup car with the revised gear sselctor mechanism used in the 350  ?

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

3 hours ago, DJW said:

Ok, any ideas when there will be a Cup car with the revised gear sselctor mechanism used in the 350  ?

All the Cup 360 cars currently in production are based on the sport 350. They have the new gear mechanism etc

Yes any Exige ordered now will come with the new gear linkage as well as many of the other updates such as the heater pipes, rear sub frame and I assume lighter body panels too as the S350 panels are otherwise identical. 

2 hours ago, The Pits said:

Yes any Exige ordered now will come with the new gear linkage as well as many of the other updates such as the heater pipes, rear sub frame and I assume lighter body panels too as the S350 panels are otherwise identical. 

Excellent .  Think Lotus need to update their webpage then 

image.jpeg

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 20:57, Numanoid said:

Thanks Chaps,

Will definitely enjoy. The car is still filthy after the terrible weather and soaked roads of Tuesday. I haven't taken any pictures of the car so I have attached images from the ad.

Cheers Simon

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Very Nice.

Enjoy :)

• Like 1

On 6/4/2016 at 19:53, The Pits said:

That's exactly what I was asking about when I was ordering my Sport 350 last March. The only answer HQ gave my dealer was, "360 cup gets 360 components, Sport 350 cars get 350 components." I really wanted the new gear linkage so I opted for the latter. Sigh.

Truth be told, we were badgering them for a month about the pricing of the new Carbon Fiber parts that was launched with the Roadster in Geneva. Until now, 3 months on they still haven't released anything. 

Yes for all the talk of lighter, faster, better I really think JMG should be sorting out parts supply and better comms with the dealers and customers. I have been after a lightweight battery for years too! It's going to be very hard to convert new buyers to this way of doing things.

The parts are also priced discouragingly high. I was quoted £1800+vat for a rear louvred engine cover and this is just for the panel that replaces the glass! Makes a whole Sport 350 seem even better value. I'd be better off buying one new, swapping the panels over and selling the 350 to someone who'd prefer a glass panel!

• Like 1