free hit
counters
Kent meeting? - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Kent meeting?

Chillidoggy

Shooting the breeze with Alan J last Sunday, we wondered if there would be enough interest for a meeting for any TLF members in Kent on a Sunday morning. We did have a look at some potential venues, but nothing has sprung out at us as yet. We felt somewhere reasonably central around the Maidstone area would be good, however.

So if anyone is up for that, then please post here.

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

:welcome:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Anyone got any ideas for a venue?

Alan and I looked at various pubs in the area but whilst they are open, there's no food available until midday on a Sunday, which means Bibs will be in A&E due to bacon withdrawal syndrome, and we don't want that to happen!

Being based in Margate, I'm struggling to locate somewhere, so if anyone has a suggestion, please post it up. Ideally it needs to be pretty close, or not far from, a motorway or main road, and have a breakfast wagon, or have a place open for tea/coffee/bacon sarnies etc.

Margate Exotics.

The car park is small and often packed and the road to get to it is mainly single track. Great pub though, amazing food! 

http://www.oakdenecafe.com/ is a good location right next to the M20/M26 junction. Bit of a traditional bikers cafe but I'm sure they'd welcome a throng of Lotus cars on a Sunday as a venue for the start and/or end of a nice run. I can't vouch for their breakfasts, I've not eaten there despite it being just up the road but I'm sure they're nice enough.

Alternatively, Mickey's Diner half way up Blue Bell Hill could be another option to start, then head SE onto the roads of Kent down towards Hythe, Rye etc, some lovely driving to be had around there. https://mickeysdiner.wordpress.com/ I have tried their breakfasts and they're excellent, especially the 'Marilyn'. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The last time I was in the Oakdene was on the way back from yours, Bibs. I'm sure the food is still OK, however the car-park resembles the Somme, albeit with less bomb craters! 

Mickey's Diner might be OK, but there's also Mickey's Rock Cafe at the top of Detling Hill, which could also be good -

https://mickeysdiner.wordpress.com/mickeys-hard-rock-cafe-now-open/

Margate Exotics.

OK, that's five so far.

We need to drum up some more interest, and I'm wondering if we've had a low response because this is tucked away in the Kent section? Maybe it would be best to just fix a date and venue, and post it as an event.

I could place a post on the LEG on FB, too. that could entice a few more out.

Margate Exotics.

No one posts in the Newlands meet every month but 30-40 cars always turn up...

Don't think a lack of posts means people won't come along! 

Evora NA

6 hours ago, Bibs said:

No one posts in the Newlands meet every month but 30-40 cars always turn up...

Don't think a lack of posts means people won't come along! 

Can't argue with that, buts but to be fair, Newlands is a well-established meeting on a regular date (I was going to say time of the month, but......).

Might be better just posting a date and venue, sticking it in the events section, and seeing what happens?

Margate Exotics.

That'll work. It belongs in the Kent section though since it's a Kent meet. You can also send a PM to the people on the Kent PM list to let them know it's happening, and also the HEClers and SLEGS if you want more people to know directly.

Evora NA

Meeting at Mickey's Rock Café, top of Detling Hill, on Sunday morning, 29th May.

On the A249, on the left, just past the Kent County Showground, ME14 3HT

08.00 - midday, or whenever you get there.

Cafe is open from 07.00.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mickeys-Rock-Cafe/301471983232599

All TLF/Lotus welcome! This could become a regular meet if enough people support it, so please make an effort!

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

:thumbup:

Evora NA

Just so everyone is aware, I have been advised by the playground that I will be personally responsible for an informal meeting:-

"You do not appear to have a current Club Supporter Membership of the playground, and as such cannot benefit from the insurance cover available to event organisers under the Motor Sports Association (MSA) membership which the playground enjoys.

Understand that in this instance you take full responsibility for this event and if any issues occur you could be personally liable, as the organiser, for the actions of the attendees

If you want to discuss this, please get in touch by replying to this message.

Regards,
LoafingWafu (the playground MSA Secretary"

As a result, Alan and I felt it necessary to close it to the playground members, as we can't be doing with all that liability bollocks. Shame, but there you go, that's the rules.

Margate Exotics.

:lol:

How would the organiser of an informal event be liable for the actions of the attendees?! If that was the case, can you imagine the fallout from a good Friday night in the pub?

Evora NA

Precisely. Seemed like a sledgehammer to crack a non-existent nut to us.

It occurred to us that whoever organised the Clackett Lane service meet-up prior to MBW should have taken out insurance to cover for the inevitable damage to the car park tarmac caused by Rizla's leaking brake fluid.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Perhaps tell them to avoid the lasagne! :hrhr:

Evora NA