Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Evora 400 Diaries - Page 40 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Evora 400 Diaries

JayEmm

Save them for when you swap out your pink seats :lol:

• Like 2

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I might shortly have  a nice Lotus Sport Stage 1 titanium tipped exhaust for you 400 boys too. That's for those of you who actually want to get on a track and like the majority of us hate the pig snout look of the std..... ;)

Evora Series One - If you're gonna do it, do it right first time. And Lotus did........!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Nope. Valves just add un necessary weight and Colin said "Noooooooooo"

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I thought there was a change in pipe size for the 400 so it might need an adapter.

@JayEmm just wanted to ask how you find the seats in your Excel? I ask because I had an Eclat for many years and found the seats excellent. I know you can't be fitting your Excel seats to your 400 as they are not fixed backs.

• Gold FFM

@Danelaw quite comfy but not supportive at all. The backs seem a little "loose" but I'll look into it. No doubt something just needs tightening up.

They are exactly what I expect from that type of car, to be honest

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

Don't forget my seats are original, and probably not in the best condition. They have no likely flattened a bit after many years of use.

James Martin (JayEmm)

22 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

Is that a valved exhaust @C8RKH? I wonder whether Lotus consider it "compatible" with the 400

Errr, I was how do you say in English, er, taking "zee pish!"

16 minutes ago, Danelaw said:

I thought there was a change in pipe size for the 400 so it might need an adapter.

• Like 1

Lol. I am a few red, white and rose ahead...... hick.....

• Like 1

Haha. No she's looking at blokes she's never met or old school crushes Facebook pages.

She's not smiling cos she's sharing a vino colapso with you....... ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayEmm said:

@Danelaw quite comfy but not supportive at all. The backs seem a little "loose" but I'll look into it. No doubt something just needs tightening up.

They are exactly what I expect from that type of car, to be honest

Jayemms Excel is post facelift. They changed the seats. Only the Early "narrow body" excels had the same seats as the Eclat. IIRC that was the first 600 or so cars. I had one and must say the seats were exceedingly comfortable. The face lifted seats were far less "bucketed" and were wider.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I was thinking that when I typed my previous comment. :)

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

So, the seats I am (all being well) getting are these:

http://www.cobraseats.com/nogaro.asp

Cobra Nogaros. Designed as a road car seat, but using a mould very similar to their race seats. It's snug around the bum/thigh but without making ingress/egress difficult. The seat has recently been designed to offer a suitable aftermarket seat for the McLaren 12c/650S market.

Available in carbon fibre or GRP, it is light, also available with heating elements and inflatable bolster.

Every seat is made to order, mine will be coming with a few touches to make it stand out. I have also requested the seat base material to be a thin layer of neoprene, so I sit as low in the seat as possible. The cushions are totally removable and interchangeable so you can even carry different sets for track days or road trips.

My car is likely going to be heading up there soon so they can measure and ensure a perfect fit. Any questions, let me know.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

My Elise has been stranded for a week, and I've not driven the Evora properly since before Christmas. I sold my M3 yesterday and the temperatures were high today. I decided to give the Evora a run, gave it some welly on a few back roads and fell in love all over again.

Finished the day with giving it the first proper clean of the year and it is currently looking just as stunning as when I first saw it... mostly. Not enjoying the PPF being peppered with black marks and impossible to clean.

Overall, a good day though.

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

@JG220 to my knowledge being constructed as I speak. The car may well need to go in though so they can create the base to the correct specifications.

James Martin (JayEmm)

On 1/28/2017 at 22:08, JayEmm said:

My Elise has been stranded for a week, and I've not driven the Evora properly since before Christmas. I sold my M3 yesterday and the temperatures were high today. I decided to give the Evora a run, gave it some welly on a few back roads and fell in love all over again.

Finished the day with giving it the first proper clean of the year and it is currently looking just as stunning as when I first saw it... mostly. Not enjoying the PPF being peppered with black marks and impossible to clean.

Overall, a good day though.

Try autoglym high resin polish, and failing that their tar remover. Does the job on mine after a trackday...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Spent yesterday with a detailing product firm, being shown how to use a DA polisher etc... on paintwork. So, today, decided to have a good crack at the roof on the Evora. The paintwork has always been scratched to hell, and obviously so as the light hits it and it's black.

Got a lovely finish out of it, pleased as punch, when oh dear - what's that? A defect in the paint! Nice little pinhole where dirt has got in there. So the car's booked in for the paint shop for a bit of warranty paint work.

The cycle of Lotus ownership continues!

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

Jeysus @JayEmmthat car of yours is a high maintenance woman. Is there any aspect that has not given you bother? Now its the lipstick. (Typed while touching wood with fingers crossed & praying it does not happen to me). :lol: