Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Evora 400 Diaries - Page 44 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Evora 400 Diaries

JayEmm

@DK7 how many mid-engined 2+2 cars exist? How many different ones are actually build?

The concept itself is rather special and nearly unique (esp if you consider that a 2+2 today has other restrictions than a 2+2 308 GT4 in the former days)

Oh, and in my eyes bringing a rather "simple" Toyota engine (with the huge plus of the very reasonable maintaining costs) together with some plastic and to achieve t h a t handbuild result ist really Special 

I think we all agree that a lot of aspects define a "good" sports car, but w h i c h aspect is more or less important could hardly be judged, some may come to the same result as you, some not............but if they are for you fine, no Need for a - typical german imho - "that car is better than yours" discussion

just my 2p, Willi   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It was this article and the pictures that made me pull the trigger last year and buy a 400. The guys at CAR magazine said that the Aston, with all its power advantage didn't really cover the ground any quicker than the Evora. http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/features/car-culture/25-british-cars-to-drive-before-you-die-2021-aston-martin-gt12-and-lotus-evora-400-car-september-2015/

• Like 2

On 24/02/2017 at 06:57, DK7 said:

Price wise the 997 gt3 is even at double the price of the 400 a bargain. 

I repeat, 4/5 years ago 997 GT3's sat on forecourts for months at half the price they are now.  They haven't suddenly become better cars to drive than back then.

They are now 4-5 years older and nearly double the price.  Not sure I would call that a bargain .  

For mainly road use I much prefer my 400 than by old GT3. Track work would be another matter. 

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I think it is perception and nostalgia re the older GT3 and maybe the fact that Porsche have diluted the driver experience over the past few years.

I agree with you @DJW re the values and that a car does not just become suddenly better - only with hindsight and maybe the fact that the newer cars have lost something that you can now only get in the older cars.

This is what car and driver said in 2010:

Somewhere, a couple of layers in from hard-core, is the Porsche 911 GT3. Pocked all over with dugouts and screens and graced by one big chiropteran wing, the GT3 is not like other 911s. The focus is sharpened, the reflexes tapered to sashimi-slicing perfection by Porsche’s grindstone. Only real 911 junkies drive GT3s because there’s no dual-clutch automatic offered, and at 435 horsepower, the GT3’s older, port-injected 3.8-liter flat-six from the racing-based GT1 98 engine family is a high-strung screamer with an 8400-rpm redline and not much torque below 5000. And it’s down 65 horsepower from the similarly priced (including a few of the GT3’s many options) direct-injection Turbo.

Impressive yes. But hardly espousing it as the "best car in the last 15 years".  

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Nicest Porsche I've seen in a very long time. I'd buy that too.

ClassicPorsche_zpsiaxp6ssl.jpg

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

@mcx it seems to be a theme that V12 Astons have issues putting the power down, @purso how are you getting in with yours as we head to spring?

@DJW also raises a good point. I recall 996 GT3s struggling to get 40K, and Ferrari 360s a similar price.

They too have not suddenly become better.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

JayEmm just saw your latest video where you mention the paint defect on your roof.
I have been slowly detailing my car this week (pics to come) and it also has two similar paint defects on the roof, so you are not alone, but I also don't consider it a big deal. Interesting to hear you are getting it sorted under warranty, I will deffo take some pics of mine for when its next due in for some work.

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

• Gold FFM

@dalepearson I appear to be unpopular with a few people because of it, but I really don't see the issue. Paint defect is pretty clearly covered under the warranty, and should have been picked up. Once I got the swirls off the roof, it was unbelievably easy to see - any light near the drivers side of the roof and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

To give Lotus all credit there was zero argument about getting it done. Unfortunately I only have the car for a day, very much enjoyed the drive, but I'll be without it again for another week as it is having a major refit courtesy of Cobra Seats

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

The Lotus is away again... the next time I see it she will be wearing a pair of new seats. I'm very excited.

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)

I bet within a week of getting it back your going "squeek creak" as you drive. You'll not even realise you're doing it!

• Gold FFM

:rtfm: you are a very naughty boy :popo: now go and sit on the naughty step and think about how bad you've just been........

id say about 800 miles :rofl:

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I shot a war film a few years ago, we had to stop and talk to literally every single one of the actors (proper trained professionals too, not am-dram types) because they were all making "bang bang" noises with the replica (non-firing) guns when using them

James Martin (JayEmm)

23 hours ago, JayEmm said:

The Lotus is away again... the next time I see it she will be wearing a pair of new seats. I'm very excited.

Trust you mean the Evora.  Have you got one of the others working for tomorrow evening ? Herts - Essex Monthly meet.

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

• Gold FFM

Unfortunately this is another one I am missing, as I am driving up to Telford tomorrow night to collect the car first thing in the morning. Will probably miss April's too due to being away. I should be able to make this month's BIH meet though.

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

My new seats are here and looking very good.

Yet to test drive but I know you Lotus types will want to know the important numbers...

Sparco Seats w/ side runner 14.1kg

Cobra Nogaro in Carbon w / runners and heating and lumbar....

6.4kg!!!

So a 15kg saving in weight, not bad at all. Yes the back seats are no longer accessible but I don't put people in there anyway. You can still store stuff in there.

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)

Where's the pictures?!

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

1 hour ago, JayEmm said:

My new seats are here and looking very good.

Yet to test drive but I know you Lotus types will want to know the important numbers...

Sparco Seats w/ side runner 14.1kg

Cobra Nogaro in Carbon w / runners and heating and lumbar....

6.4kg!!!

So a 15kg saving in weight, not bad at all. Yes the back seats are no longer accessible but I don't put people in there anyway. You can still store stuff in there.

Welcome to the very exclusive +0 club. The mark of a true gent and not a collar upturned polo shirted metro in sight. Seats look good. Creak squeak....