Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Evora 400 Diaries - Page 53 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Evora 400 Diaries

JayEmm

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I was watching his stuff before I was a Lotus owner, some of the only factual stuff on Lotus ownership out there.

He's got a very tasty car collection

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

YouTube announcement yesterday, he has sold his Evora. Shame to hear from a lotus ambassador.

The clip will make any potential buyers think twice..

I wonder what the replacement is? Put it to a poll?

You should watch the video, he is still saying very nice things about the car, probably the best car for the money he could buy,. He's not as impressed with the factory finish of the car or the factory and dealer back up.  as a (very) long term owner of Lotus' I agree with everything he has said.

• Like 1

I agree that JCT600 should shoulder the blame for many of his issues.

They knowing sold an early car and told him it was a brand new stock build... rather than sat around from 2015 until he bought it in 2016.

As many have said (myself included) the mid 2016 cars took on a lot of improvement in quality etc, it was unfortunate that James wasn’t made aware of this.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

On 06/10/2018 at 17:45, Steffen_Leitgeb-LSWGmbh said:

I know stories about Porsche Panamera, GT3 (RS) and the lovely McLarens which makes your Evora experience a dream. One of my customers owned a McLaren MC12 and drove it within one year maybe 3 times, a replacement given … no way.
In the beginning these cars were perfect when working but they were really not bulletproof and no one outside of the box did get the true stories - why? Because the guys didn´t want to look like fools and at the same time they didn´t want to ruin the image to keep used car prices up 🙂

Did these guys transfer to the McLaren F1 team by any chance, certainly could be a possibility looking at their performances lately!  :)

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

As frustrating as (some of) your experiences have been Jay, I have to say that none of them are (singularly or collectively) unique to Lotus.

I note this was the first car you bought brand new - my first was a BMW Z4, and like you, I had a certain expectation of what the 'experience' should have been like.  The long and short of it is that I had as many problems with the car (and the dealer that I bought it through) as you have had.

Second new car - a Merc - similar situation.  

My expectations had dropped by the time I bought my third new car.  And I'm glad that they had as it was a case of 'same sh*t / different day(s)'.  

I've never bought new since!

I now have a 2 year old Evora 400 and I really think it's a marvellous beast.  Of course it has some niggles, but I remain seriously impressed that Lotus got that car out at that price point.

Good luck with the Porker - it should be epic!

Edited by SH

13 hours ago, charliejd85 said:

So to keep the journey going, here's my first video on the new (for me) Lotus Evora :) 

Excellent hope you enjoy the car. Jayemms video’s were very enjoyable.

You are going to have to steer properly to stop my inner driving instructor going mental. 😊😊😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, au-yt said:

Selling cars is one thing, but customer service, ensures customer loyalty, and return customer.

I will put in plug for the Australian dealers Simply Sports Cars, Everyone I’ve spoken to is really impressed with their service and support. They organise a number of Lotus only track days each year, drive tours and run teams in Targa Tasmainia.

If Lotus Geely can model their approach to running an dealership, sales and servicing, as well as SSC in Sydney does, then the brand would probably have a 100% satisfaction rating. Such a group of enthusiastic and dedicated guys and girls there. 👍👍👍  

52 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

You’re going to have to use the correct your/you’re to stop my inner grammar meter going mental :lol:

All better. 🙈🙈🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice video Charlie. Good to see the car in the hands of another enthusiast. I'm looking forward to the continuing story.

Oh, have to agree on the hands on the steering wheel thing. You have two hands, use them, that gear lever isn't for resting your 'spare' hand on!  😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

Oh, have to agree on the hands on the steering wheel thing. You have two hands, use them, that gear lever isn't for resting your 'spare' hand on!  😉

One of the benefits of driving an IPS, I can change gear with both hands on the steering wheel at all times. :D

5 minutes ago, Nathan Pitman said:

One of the benefits of driving an IPS, I can change gear with both hands on the steering wheel at all times. :D

And you can make a cup of tea in the time it takes to change gear too :lol:

• Haha 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

3 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

I'm afraid not - I have no cup holders.

The gearbox in the 400 Auto is pretty aggressive in sport mode and the delay between changes is definitely less than I could reliably achieve on a regular basis.

• Haha 1

Have a chat with an ARDS instructor about the positioning of the hands on the steering wheel... it will 'frighten' you away from the one hand at the '12 O'clock' position that so many people are now defaulting too... 🤢

• Gold FFM
On 10/10/2018 at 09:32, Dan.G said:

YouTube announcement yesterday, he has sold his Evora. Shame to hear from a lotus ambassador.

This wasn't Jonny. He still has his. Maybe I misunderstood the post.

5 hours ago, CocoPops said:

🤣

To be fair, the auto-box can still swap cogs quicker than I can in the manual car!