Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Evora 400 Diaries - Page 55 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Evora 400 Diaries

JayEmm

7 hours ago, JayEmm said:

it is deliberately copying a past styling exercise for style alone.

Surely you wouldn't consider a 911 as a potential Evora replacement then ;) 

Keen to hear what you end up with mate. Have enjoyed watching your vids since purchasing my Evora. Exige V6 would be the only thing I'd swap mine for, but I need the extra seats!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

For the kind of cash you would get out of the Evora, you could definitely get a nice hybrid James. Great for the environment, no more sound issue for the neighbors!

10 hours ago, SH said:

Thank god - I thought it was just me.  

The Alpine is truly hideous!  I've been watching all the reviews and going, 'yes, yes, so it's an exceptional drive... but when are they going to mention the elephant in the room - it's bloody ugly!'.

Totally agree as well!

There was one going up the hill at the FOS this year, parked next to the Evora 430 that I had a ride in... out of 'courtesy' I started to walk over to have a closer look but then my 'run away from something ugly' instinct took over and I went back to the 430 :>) 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I'm trying to free up some cash, so the Evora's replacement is quite a bit cheaper and a very different car - there's nothing out there like it for the money.

However I think my next Lotus will probably be a classic one. I've still not driven a K Series Elise, and I do miss my Excel too.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

There's nothing quite like a K Series Elise. Only sold my Sport 111 as we needed the extra seats (owned for 8 years). Sounded absolutely awesome, ridiculously nimble, best steering feel and (non assisted) brake pedal. I definitely preferred it over my 111R. 

39616714915_f872a9b736_b.jpg

2 hours ago, JayEmm said:

I'm trying to free up some cash, so the Evora's replacement is quite a bit cheaper and a very different car - there's nothing out there like it for the money.

And there by lies the Problem.

• Gold FFM

Yup. The best solution I have for now is to not try and "replace it" as it were, but spend a little bit of time with something totally different. Variety the spice of life etc etc

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

2 hours ago, JayEmm said:

. I've still not driven a K Series Elise, and I do miss my Excel too.

That comes as a surprise. If you come to London, this would be a great excuse  to get the 118hp beast  out of the garage.

Edited by PAR

I believe that most people who have bought a Lotus over the last couple of years will have watched and been influenced by your videos and it’s disappointing to see you sell your car as it’s hard to see that it won’t negatively people looking to buy a Lotus.  A real own goal by Lotus.

However, your videos are mostly excellent and you deserve a much wider audience than you’re going to currently get from a mainly Lotus fanbase.  Hopefully whatever you’ve bought as the Evora replacement will help widen your subscribers.  More classic Lotus would be great as well.

As much as I love the Lotus content, my favourite video is the one with your grandfather in.  What a great guy.  

For anyone that hasn’t seen it, here’s the real star of James’ channel:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

Yup. The best solution I have for now is to not try and "replace it" as it were, but spend a little bit of time with something totally different. Variety the spice of life etc etc

I guess either cayman gts or Alfa 4c? Both are best in class but in a different class to the Evora. 

14 minutes ago, Nathan Pitman said:

Hadn’t seen that one before. What a fantastic video. 👍

Awesome Vid mate! 👍

I took my Dad out in my Elise S1 160 about 15 years ago... he 'fell' into the seat... loved the drive, but when we got back, he could not get out! We totally pi$$ed ourselfe's laughing, so much so, I had to leave otherwise it would have been a Fire Brigade attendance to crane him out!

Not to be put off, I managed to get him into the Evora a few months ago... at now 89 years old! He still fell in! Gave it the total beans on local roads, he loved it. Got home, not wishing to 'repeat' the Elise experience, we both agreed that I would leave before he tried to get out!!! He appeared a few minutes later and asked for a beer!

Love it... hope I am still that 'young' if I even make it to 89!! 

• Like 1

Sorry in advance for any hand position misbehavings :) (this video was shot prior to the last one) 

I never really noticed my hands when shooting video, perhaps its my laid back approach, either way thanks for the feedback! I'm way more conscious of where I put my hands now:) Of course on track both hands would be on the wheel as much as possible 😅(Going for the ARDS test in a few weeks so I better get practicing!)

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, charliejd85 said:

Great Video Charlie, very informative and great to see you still enjoying the car.

• Like 1