Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Evora 400 Diaries - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Evora 400 Diaries

JayEmm

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

You wouldn't want to have a go in an esprit - it would ruin you !!

Sounds like you need to replace your ignition barrel with a credit card slot :)

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Jay,

great idea ;-) One remark though: 30 min youtube ... this is almost as long as your last thread was... ;-) a little shorter would work better for my attention span ;-)

Cheers

Norbert

• Gold FFM

Norb - the aim is to get most of the videos down to the 10-15 minute mark, I agree that shorter videos but more of them is a better idea.

Believe it or not that's the length it wound up being after some considerable amount of editing! There's about 20-30 minutes more material I somehow thought would fit in there without it being gargantuan, it's a learning process

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM
Just now, Colin G said:

Uhhhhhhh, got as far as grown men never having been as far north as Leeds, pressed stop. :lol::lol:

That's my poor cameraman. He's had a very sheltered life! 

James Martin (JayEmm)

Enough of the waffle you say? :lol:

You have same issue as me, lots of "ummmms" as a "filler"

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

Yeah, future videos are likely to be more scripted - as you can imagine I couldn't really do a second take of this one.

I'm usually behind the camera, in front of it is not my natural habitat

James Martin (JayEmm)

Good effort :thumbup: but agree it needs cutting down BT at least 10mins

One bit to edit out is at around 1m11s where your flapping bit of scarf initially looks like you are playing with yourself :lol:.

• Gold FFM

Blimey, that sounds dodgy! I'll see if I can slice some time out of it and re-upload before it becomes YouTube's biggest sensation ;)

James Martin (JayEmm)

I'm the other guy who likes the LOTUS letters on the dash. Would ask for them in my 400 too! There must be a very large box full of letters up in Lotus but I think they changed the dash so they can't be retro fitted.

Terrific effort with the video and great to document a big moment in your car history. The 400 just looks staggeringly good in yellow. They should have called it the Bruce Lee Game of Death Edition.

Not surprisingly given your profession, it's very nicely shot compared to the usual YouTube effort, what camera did you use?

:thumbup:

• Gold FFM

Thanks @The Pits - I bought a camera specifically for the videos, a Sony A7s II. It's not the sort of camera I normally use, but my other camera isn't very suited to this kind of filming! I was really impressed with the little Sony.

I think the Evora 410 surely is the Bruce Lee edition?

I am currently making a shorter version of this video, which is basically train-pickup car - driving on country lanes, and is about 18 minutes shorter. I will then christen this one the "director's cut", so people can choose how much waffle they want in their video.

The next video is going to be about specifying the car, because I feel the Lotus is so different from other companies in that regards it really warrants its own video. After that I want to do one on servicing and running costs, then I should really do just a review of the car too but I don't want to do that until she's properly run in.

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)

I believe the term 'Countach' is an expression of amazement in a dialect local to the Bologna region.

According to Wikipedia the Norfolk equivalent is 'co ter heck' or 'cor blast me'.

Time for Buddsy or one of the other good folks from Nor to put us right but until then the 'Coterheck' Edition has a nice ring to it!

:thumbup:

• Like 1

I read other reviews/comments here first and thought 30 mins sounded far too long, then I just watched the full 30 minutes and enjoyed it all.

I liked the fact that it appeared unscripted and a little raw - not overly polished in the delivery, just real. Great way to spend my lunch break eating sandwiches and watching this, so I like the full feature length version. Look forward to the next one. Thanks to you and Sam.

• Like 2

I think I may have been your first view last night since I've got the advantage of California time diff.  :respect:  As others have stated, a bit long, but you've got the picture already on that point.  Fun to see someone else that excited to pick up their car as well though.  Looking forward to my "pick  up" day, whenever it is that we in the US get our cars.

Now BIbs... where is your long term test video??  That thing has been in the edit bay for MONTHS!  :P

Edited by 99Problems

Don't feel bad for asking, as I appreciate I've said it's on the way but my pal who is editing it has a wife who's just coming out of a bout of very nasty chemo, so he's been a little distracted over the past couple of months. It'll come along soon I'm sure :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I said don't feel bad, I have promised it but obviously I'll not pressure him in the slightest. He's also involved in the Lotus Magazine which we're producing, and that's on hold at the moment for the same reason. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Thanks Gents

As mentioned regarding length this one is something of an anomaly. I'm glad to see reception is mostly positive, I have one other video edited but I want to be very careful as to how frequently I put them out there - I don't want to do four in a week and wind up with no content for a fortnight!

James Martin (JayEmm)

Will watch later James. Any pics from Sunday or were you just shooting video?