Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Evora 400 Diaries - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Evora 400 Diaries

JayEmm

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Thankyou gents, hopefully they will get better and better. It helped greatly in this case that I had planned out what I was going to talk about, rehearsed it a few times, and could break it into chunks for editing.

The next video will be on running costs, after that I have two more videos I am still editing and I want to shoot two or three more this week. I have the car booked in for its running in service at Stratton Motor Company on Wednesday. After that, I want to shoot a video that's pretty much pure driving - noise, looks, "the sensation of speed, officer". That's going to be a fun one to do.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

1 hour ago, JayEmm said:

I have the car booked in for its running in service at Stratton Motor Company on Wednesday

Good effort! You'll love the noise when you tickle the redline :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Great videos! An Evora 400 is top of my list as my next car, so this information is very helpful. I'd be interested to see a comparison with a 991.1 CS 911 if you ever get the chance; all comparisons seem to be with the gt4, despite the Evora being a 2+2 with the same power as the 911. I'd also like to see the reality of fitting a baby seat to the back seats.

Keep up the great work! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Matt123 said:

I'd also like to see the reality of fitting a baby seat to the back seats.

Welcome, Matt. 

We're already way ahead of you: 

Although that thread primarily relates to the original Evora rear seats, I'm sure that @CocoPops will update it when he gets his 400. 

Informative that last one James? Don't you have servicing included for the first 3 years though?

4 hours ago, Matt123 said:

Great videos! An Evora 400 is top of my list as my next car, so this information is very helpful. I'd be interested to see a comparison with a 991.1 CS 911 if you ever get the chance; all comparisons seem to be with the gt4, despite the Evora being a 2+2 with the same power as the 911. I'd also like to see the reality of fitting a baby seat to the back seats.

Keep up the great work! 

Hi Matt, good to hear you're considering the Evora - a real drive :)

Head over to the introductions to say hi!

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Gashead1105 said:

Informative that last one James? Don't you have servicing included for the first 3 years though?

Hi Will

To my knowledge that is not something Lotus are currently offering, although I suppose individual dealers may include servicing of their own I was not offered any "service plans" by anyone.

I do know they used to, Castle still have the sign up saying about it but aren't offering it!

James Martin (JayEmm)

18 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

Hi Will

To my knowledge that is not something Lotus are currently offering, although I suppose individual dealers may include servicing of their own I was not offered any "service plans" by anyone.

I do know they used to, Castle still have the sign up saying about it but aren't offering it!

Ah

Was one of the things that got thrown in with my exige last year. Still servicing isn't too dear on these cars all in all. Where are you planning on taking it? Wouldn't put you off hangar 111 if you want someone local they're fully approved by Lotus now as well so can do warranty work.

• Gold FFM

James, really enjoyed these videos to date.  Keep up the great work.

Have you got one planned on the interior and ergonomics?

• Gold FFM

Thankyou @DaveC72. At least one person has requested an in-depth "walkaround" of the car, so that's something that I will be doing in the near future. I think for the guys across the pond it's something they will find particularly useful.

Here is the next video, touches on running costs. I've made some upgrades since we did the first few videos, I have a new wireless mic on order, we've got a couple of new heavy-duty car mounts which should make for much better in-car shots, and overall we're just getting more practise in. Thanks for watching everyone.

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)

I'm enjoying this series, so thanks for putting them together James, I know a lot of effort goes into making videos and it's very much appreciated.
I've just shared your links on the Club Lotus NZ  facebook page and subcribed to you on our CLNZ you tube channel too :-) 

Rich Miles - Social Media Coordinator - Club Lotus New Zealand

www.clublotus.org.nz 
CLNZ Facebook Page Here
CLNZ YouTube Channel Here

• Gold FFM

Thank you both, it means an awful lot. I just checked and we're at 99 subscribers. I've also just unpacked my radio mic which should hopefully make things a lot better in the near future!

James Martin (JayEmm)

Great videos JayEmm - I've just been catching up. When you mentioned fuel economy are these the figures from the trip computer or calculated from full tank to full tank? I ask because on my series 1 Evora I don't find the trip computer overly accurate. I've compared the trip computer mpg to the true mpg and find that, whilst it does vary, the trip computer has on average displayed around 4 mpg lower than what I'm actually getting. It doesn't really matter, but the nerd in me is interested to know if Lotus have improved their trip computer.

Glad you left Saturday Kitchen to do this, but you did look taller on that show - probably just the camera angles?

He was standing closer to the camera! 

The trip computer is vastly improved in the 400. None of this '345 miles' for 50 miles then a cliff, it's actually closer to the truth and accurate in my experience with the car.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM
40 minutes ago, Danelaw said:

Glad you left Saturday Kitchen to do this, but you did look taller on that show - probably just the camera angles?

It's the studio lighting that makes the difference. 

Those are figures from the trip computer. I need to work out what's going on with the car, because the manual says the fuel tank is 60 litres but I've run the car down to about half a bar left but couldn't even get 50 litres in it.That's still giving me around 300 miles of real range though, which is fairly impressive. My 6 series, a "proper" GT car, would get around a similar figure but from nearer to 70 litres and when that said it was empty it meant it!

James Martin (JayEmm)

This is typical of the series 1 too. I think somewhere in the handbook it explains that when the tank is showing empty there is still potentially 5 or 6 litres left but this shouldn't be relied upon... may not get to the fuel pick-up and so forth.

• Gold FFM

Yeah I'm sure I saw that too, it's nice to know though even when it's empty there's plenty "in reserve". Assuming of course the manual isn't a mis-print and it is a 50 litre tank!

James Martin (JayEmm)

Well so far the most miles between refueling I've done is 309 and the most fuel it's accepted in one go is 48.8 litres. If we start this as a competition somebody will chime in after a while and tell us how much fuel it took after the breakdown recovery rescued them!