free hit
counters
The Evora 400 Diaries - Page 48 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
JayEmm

The Evora 400 Diaries

You need to stop being a pussy and drive the arse off the thing! Grab it by the scruff of the neck and drive it hard...:driving::harhar:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

She gets driven properly, but she gets a good number of motorway miles on occasion too.

I may get more aggressive geo dialled in at my next visit to @Hangar 111 too, which might accelerate the wear a bit.

Edited by JayEmm
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JayEmm said:

Here's a pleasant update on my Evora. Bought myself a tyre depth gauge. The rears are just under 4mm and the fronts over 6!

Well impressed for nearly 20,000 miles.

Good thing for my company. I wish mine could last that long :P

Pretty much unheard of I'd think. Had 6k miles out of the rears on the GTE and really not expectiong more that 8k on the GT430 rears.

Trevor.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/driven-evora-400/

With the new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres this all adds up to a sharper, easier to control Evora which in durability testing with Michelin saw up to 40,000 miles from the rears, a huge improvement on the Evora S where if you were very careful, you may see over 8,000 miles from the rear set of Pirelli P-Zero tyres.

The 400 is much easier on tyres than the earlier cars.

I haven't got a gauge but I would estimate my rears are at 3mm+ after 20.5k miles, and 3 track days.

Is the reduced tyre wear down to the geo difference or the different tyres? Or a combination of both?

A combination I believe, but with a bias towards the tyres.

3 hours ago, Gm77 said:

I haven't got a gauge but I would estimate my rears are at 3mm+ after 20.5k miles, and 3 track days.

Where did you measure the depth? At my 2012 Evora S using P Zero Corsa they went down at the inside much earlier than on the outside, cause of the (Standard) geo

Did Lotus change the geo on the last few S1's ?

Done 13k on my Corsas + 6 track days & 4mm left evenly across the tread.  Happy with that!

I suspect a big part of the difference is the tyres. Pirellis are notoriously soft, in fact I read somewhere about a magazine journo who got a telling off from his boss for wearing out the tyres on a press car. They then found out the Pirelli's official wear rating was something like 1/4 of an equivalent Michelin.

Think you may be right @JayEmm  . My wife’s JCW has c23k on it and runs Pzeros. It’s coming up for a full set of 4 new boots and the fronts have already been changed once. 

But then the Pirellis are just so lovely on the road in an S1. 

I got about 6k on the rears. Pah. Price to pay for a great driving experience.

Let's go back to paying £200 for a cup holder that adds nothing to the drive.

Oh. Please note the contents of your cup may be hot so don't be a dickhead and put it on your lap or between your legs #beingamerican

Watched this full playlist right upto the latest one over the past week or two. I am enjoying them and look forward to seeing more. :)  

My Evora S on Pirelli PZeros got through supposedly 4.5mm of thread down to the cord in 1750 miles (nearside rear inner), of which 500 miles was faster driving, the rest pottering about.

I say 4.5mm, strangely the supplying Dealer gave me 2 different tread thickness readings for this tyre, one of 4.5mm when I bought the car, but then their workshop saying it had 6mm on their records just under a year later.

Either way, high wear (if either of them are correct).

Camber wasnt out accordingn to another Garage who serviced it.

Now on Bridgestone S001 on rear, but havent seen any reports on if they are good/bad?

Hi Bravo,

Yes, I'd like to amend my username, but I cant change it/it doesnt seem to allow me to?!

Will pop over to introductions to say 'Hello'.

Ouch. I was getting 8k , but then I drive like an old woman :lol:

Considering the car did so well in the 2017 Performance car of the year it should be interesting to follow.

Just seen the published number of Evora 4xx on the roads in the Uk at the end of the year 2017 (excluding those on dealer's lawn therefore):

400 Manual: 90 (2016 72)

400 Auto: 39 (33)

410 Manual: 22 (2)

410 Auto: 1 (1)

GT 430: 3 (new car)

Number sold in the country is a bit bigger than the difference between years as some gets SORN or exported.

Edited by PAR