free hit
counters
Search for dash cover to protect from sunlight - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Search for dash cover to protect from sunlight

Any recomm. for a dash cover for the Evora to protect it from sunlight? Any thoughts welcome!

(I realised that my daily parking place which I got in 2015 (before that 3.5 years daily parking "under the earth", so never had an issue with the dash) is some hours in the sun - so better to protect? or does it not matter (Color is imp blue)?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use a Covercraft UVS100 (UV11156SV) windshield shade. It's made for the Evora, so it looks appropriate. The leather dash looks so nice, it'd be a shame to hide it under some carpet or velour. 

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I dont know the manufacturer, but I know a company does make them for Toyota to help protect from the sun. Maybe a Toyota owner can help with a manufacturers name.

@agentdr8 : fine, that is the sort of product I am looking for (will search if available in Europe), maybe I described it too bad, of course I do not want a "permanent cover" just a "shield" for some days (it is not Cali here...... :-)

Ah I see. Yeah here in the States, we call these things dash covers

dash_designs_velour_dashboard_cover.jpg

Just seeing the picture makes me cringe. Reminds me of my parents' car back in the early 90s. 

I have this: http://www.amazon.com/Covercraft-UVS100-Windshield-Sunshade-Laminate/dp/B007V2D17Y

Amazon USA ships to Germany, it only took one northern German summer (~4 weeks)  for delivery.  

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• Gold FFM

You canow purchase most of those foil cover in any discount store in the UK in summer time. I purchased a full set for my motor home for under 30 pounds of fleebay.

Stick em behind the seats when I dont need them.