free hit
counters
Hello from Essen, Germany - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hello from Essen, Germany

Hi everyone,

I recently joined the forum and wanted to leave a first hello!

I am not completely new to Lotus, bought my first Elise S in 2014 and upgraded this April to an Exige V6 Clubracer - again in Aspen White. 

After 7 weeks the car has already seen two track days (Mettet and Bilster Berg) and the counter shows 3500km...B-)

Cheers,

Marc

image.thumb.jpeg.0bde94e76f27ed591a98ed18710dac46.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Nik, I am from Düsseldorf as well ... I have been frequently at the Bilster Berg ... you might have seen me there. Matt black Exige ... 1:55 is were I am with the EX460 on Miche

Hi everyone, I recently joined the forum and wanted to leave a first hello! I am not completely new to Lotus, bought my first Elise S in 2014 and upgraded this April to an Exige V6 Clubracer

Hello to you all from near Düsseldorf!! Is the stock exhaust that loud?  Being 130db loud is 458 Speciale and Aventador territory as I inspected some decibel readings at bilster berg. Most of the

Posted Images

Love the styling of the Club Racer - what was Mettet like in the V6? We were due to go there last year but had technical issues the day before at Spa so missed it. It looked quite a twisty little track - pretty sure I've seen video of karts there?

Welcome to TLF

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

The V6 is already on the large side for the track. You have no advantages over an Elise there. 

But for me it was the first track day ever, so I cannot really compare. It is not too long and therefore easy to learn. 

One of three groups where indeed karts. 

Welcome to TLF Marc. :welcome:

White looks really purposeful.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I was surprised that I hit the 130dB with the standard exhaust once... I really like the sound of our cars on track. For the road the sound could be a little deeper...

I think I might have some phone pics of your car. Try to find it later...

First time on that track, so careful 2:14 laptimes - nowhere near your 2:05s  :-)

Cheers

Marc

Welcome to TLF Marc, lovely looking car and nice to see if being well used already :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

:thumbsup:

hi and welcome.......

a rarity in Germany id reckon....nice

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

1 hour ago, 313 said:

I was surprised that I hit the 130dB with the standard exhaust once... I really like the sound of our cars on track. For the road the sound could be a little deeper...

I think I might have some phone pics of your car. Try to find it later...

First time on that track, so careful 2:14 laptimes - nowhere near your 2:05s  :-)

Cheers

Marc

Marc,

you know what, they pulled me out once my first time as well for hitting 130dB and gave me a warning ... I thought they were crazy... from there on I just used a higher gear (5th usually) on the "Mutkurve" and it was ok... 

2:14 is already pretty good... there were plenty of 911s out there in the other group doing 2:16...

Cheers

Norbert

Welcome Marc, lovely car and using it properly as well. Top marks!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• 1 year later...

Hello to you all from near Düsseldorf!!

Is the stock exhaust that loud?  Being 130db loud is 458 Speciale and Aventador territory as I inspected some decibel readings at bilster berg. Most of the other cars are in the 120-126 db range (McLaren, Huracan, R8, Aston Martin)...hard to believe that the small Lotus is that much louder than the big engine cars.

PS:By the way....doing laptimes between 2.08-2.15 with my modified Renault Sport Clio on bilster berg..going for 2.00min with the Exige350 this year ;) 

Edited by NicktheQuick
forgot text
  • Like 1

Err, pics of the other cars too please :D

Post up in the Trackdays forum that you're at Blisterberg, there will more than likely be other TLFers there you can catch up with and enjoy the day with. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

4 hours ago, NicktheQuick said:

Hello to you all from near Düsseldorf!!

Is the stock exhaust that loud?  Being 130db loud is 458 Speciale and Aventador territory as I inspected some decibel readings at bilster berg. Most of the other cars are in the 120-126 db range (McLaren, Huracan, R8, Aston Martin)...hard to believe that the small Lotus is that much louder than the big engine cars.

PS:By the way....doing laptimes between 2.08-2.15 with my modified Renault Sport Clio on bilster berg..going for 2.00min with the Exige350 this year ;) 

Hi Nik,

I am from Düsseldorf as well ... I have been frequently at the Bilster Berg ... you might have seen me there. Matt black Exige ...

1:55 is were I am with the EX460 on Michelins ... if I look at my data another 2s faster should be doable on Trofeos... my best with the V6 CR stock already was a 1:57 on Trofeos... anything below 2 min is pretty fast there imho ... ? ... its a pretty challenging track ... crazy to see that I was proud of a 2:05 a little more than a year ago and now I am unhappy with not having driven below 1:55 ... 

Re noise: my exhaust is stock and its close to the limit ... yes, the Exige is loud ? ...

I got black flagged / warned there in the past but it usually works but it also depends on the event you go to as you probably know. Worst case you can short shift or lift ... 

Let me know if you have questions also happy to share data if you run AIM as well and if you share yours ?...

Cheers

Norbert

• Like 2