free hit
counters
Help! Stranded in Asda car park! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Cannot start my car, key works, unlocks doors everything. Battery is charged. Dash looks fine except no immobiliser light, doesn't even flash so I can't enter manual code. Aarrrgh! 

Yesterday I was stuck at a petrol station, but was able to enter manual code. That was a sainsburys, so maybe these cars just don't like supermarkets?!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks Bibs, been in touch with customer care at Hethel, Neil suggested calling Lotus Assist, but I've been back to the car, and the bugger started first try! I'm baffled. Can only imagine a fault has

Are you still there? Want me to call a Lotus FSE and ask them?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks Bibs, been in touch with customer care at Hethel, Neil suggested calling Lotus Assist, but I've been back to the car, and the bugger started first try! I'm baffled. Can only imagine a fault has cleared or something. The car is likely going in to have some warranty work soon, so i'll ask for fault codes to be checked and post any results/causes.

• Like 2

??? it's done it again! Stranded with my son in the car this time. Currently waiting for assistance. Will they be able to check fault codes? If so, where does it plug in??

Above your right knee, where the sill meets the dash.

It points vertically down from the dash. Not got a pic, but I hope thats a good enough description.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Thanks Cocopops, i'm in car park at a golf club, gates shut in 15 so guess this will need recovering tomorrow, by which time I bet it starts again so they won't take the vehicle. 

So, after waiting 2hours, the car started again, drove home, tried to start again, nothing. Called for assistance, they came, diagnostics showed P0601 error. Any ideas?

Google it. A quick look myself suggests the ECU self-check isn't working so there's a problem with that. Page 37 of this document...

http://vsic.lotuscars.com/system/files/documents/sn_emp_engine%20man%20_elise%20exige.pdf

That means basically that the car doesn't agree with the state it's in on start up is the same as when it last shut down. While I'm no expert I'd guess that either the software has become corrupt and needs to be reloaded or there's a problem with the memory on the ECU. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yep, what Lord @Bibs said.

Checksum issue according to the Evora ECU guide.

http://www.frankensteinmotorworks.com/evora%20pdfs/1762_000031__sn_emr_engine_diagnostics_evora.pdf

Page 57 for P0601 and P0606

ECU Integrity

P0601 Checksum P0606 Watchdog

Description

These codes are used by the ECU to check the integrity of the software and calibration data.
P0601 checks that on power up the checksum for calibration data is the same as checksum saved on the previous power down.
P0606 checks the watchdog timer after a defined period to see if it has reset. If the watchdog timer has not reset then the code has entered an unplanned loop or condition stopping it resetting the timer.

Monitor

• P0601 at ECU power up
• P0606 continuously while the engine running

Diagnostic Mask:

• The MIL will be illuminated if a fault is present. 

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats

Guys, thanks for the help. Waiting on a response from Lotus as the car is in warranty still. Thankfully, it started this morning so I made it to work today -tried to start it again when I got here and again it's failed.

I'm guessing a new ECU.

possibly look at look for some kind of earthing issue?