Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Looking for the right part number for engine cooling hose - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Looking for the right part number for engine cooling hose

Hi guys - I need a new engine cooling hose (mine's a bit worse for wear)...it's the one that comes out of the top (example pictured below). I just wanted to check I have the right part number, I think it's B132S0038F 

https://www.deroure.com/partinfo.asp?MAK=1&MDL=20&TBL=6792&SMA=1&SMO=20&ST=hose&SC=0&PBID=397899

Thanks in advance!

Az

attachment.php?attachmentid=623409&stc=1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 5 months later...

I have just replaced mine with an ali tube from Revotec.com.  Decided not to paint it, so no flaking issues in future.  Used 1m length of their 51mm internal diameter ducting - it is much more substantial than the cardboard / foil oem part and has plenty of flexibility. Cost £12.95 + vat + delivery.

IMG_20161112_110928.jpg

Edited by Whitey
  • Like 2

Hi Chris, I didn't find it on their website - I phoned them up to ask about the red silicone pipes and then the tech Guy, Dave, said they were just launching a new ali pipe, and was not on their website yet.  I had sent him a photo of the old pipe in situ and he said that their new ali one would be the best option. Very happy with the result.

• 1 year later...

For a more permanent fix, you guys may want to try and source a SCEET neoprene/silicone hose like these. Perfect fit if you get it in 24" length and 2" diameter, and should never crack, flake, collapse, or burst into flames. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Finally got around to fitting the new hose - I went 'Code Red'.

998141562_DavidMobile060718008.thumb.JPG.dc54f604660c8e8fccfb6779497e8ff5.JPG

The most difficult task was removing the last little bits of the old hose material from the end cap that fits up against the grille so that I could reuse it - just how much sealant compound did they need to use to 'glue' these bits together?

Mind you, with the engine cover refitted my OCD has kicked-in, :rolleyes:, as I don't know how long I can live with the mismatched reds before I have to take action, :whistle:.

1156048833_DavidMobile060718009.thumb.JPG.da8a6ffe9da31fbf9fb3daebb86f620b.JPG