free hit
counters
Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
MarkKassim

Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy

Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo

321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy

This is a combined group buy for both the Giugiaro and Peter Stevens Esprit. Due to advances in CNC technology Alunox are now able to provide manifolds for both cars and offer them in one combined group buy as they share component parts.

This will be Group buy No 4, the 321 Stainless Steel manifold upgrade for the 4 cylinder Esprit from Alunox. For those of you who haven’t seen this upgrade before, a recap on the history of the company and the product:

Alunox are an established engineering company that supply the motorsports industry with tailor made high end exhaust systems, made of exotic materials such as Inconel, titanium and 321 Stainless Steel etc. They also supply BAC cars with a full light weight for their current production car the Mono. 

Alunox took on the job of redesigning the original cast manifold for the Esprit due to its high failure rate and short life cycle. They are direct replacements for the existing cast items.

The manifolds are made from 321 Stainless Steel, precision TIG welded in dedicated jigs giving a fracture proof construction. The flanges are now CNC machined cut out of Stainless Steel to give an accurate fit, the collector uses burns double slip joints to allow movement during the heat cycle whilst being protected against shock loading by the pivoting brace mounted at the back of the cylinder head.

Giugiaro Full System

G Car.jpg

The wastegate is a Turbosmart compgate 40 mounted on V-Bands which is included in the manifold kit. 

Stevens manifold

Stevens.jpg

For both systems the downpipes are all equal length mandrel bent tubes which increase the pulse tuning effect greatly over the non equal length log style cast configuration of the original unit. In addition to this flow is also maximized due to the smooth internal surfaces unlike the rough flaking internal bores of the original. The collector is now a CNC machined single piece for maximum durability and strength. It also offers an option for the Stevens Cars to run an external wastegate. The tubular design has been arranged to fit within the space available giving good clearance for easy fitting.

The manifold has been proven to withstand all the temperatures and conditions produced by the Esprit due to the 321 Stainless steel properties. Even at normal driving speeds the exhaust gas temperatures are typically 750 to 850 °C and greater during track use. The manifold is lighter than the original cast unit weighing only 6 Kg.  All these attributes produce a durable high quality product with proven gains in both power, torque and turbo lag reduction.

The Stevens manifold has been dyno tested as seen in the video below on a highly modified Esprit running at 424 BHP and 409 lb ft torque. Further gains have been made since the video was made.

http://youtu.be/a2E7w68v-p8

Further in-depth technical info on this can be found on Dave Changes thread  

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/55155-exhaust-manifold-design-test-result/

It has also been track tested and driven hard without fail. Look for feedback on the forum about performance gains.

The manifold kits also includes all gaskets, stainless steel k nuts and brace. The turbo flange can be changed to accommodate different turbos, as can the collector be made to order. These adjustments are at extra cost and can be discussed with Leon at Alunox.

The prices are different for each manifold kit due to the extra work / component parts of the G car set-up. Every manifold comes with one year’s warranty.

Both kits now uses the proven stainless steel K nut design for the manifold head studs. This is an improvement over the Lotus locking tab washers and is now included in the kit as standard.

The brace now mounted from the rear of the cam carriers with the heat shield and uses a fully adjustable turnbuckle for easy fitting.

This group buy is based on 30 or more units this time, a minimum of 10 need to be of the G car type. This is due to the wastegate being bought in by Alunox to achieve these lower prices. The prices do not cover fitting and shipping, I will quote separately.

Steven’s Car

Stevens 2.jpg

The normal one off price is £1150 + VAT.

The group buy price £900 + VAT + Shipping,

The kit includes

1 manifold

4 Head flange gaskets

1 Turbo flange gasket

1 Brace with rear mounting bracket plate

12 m8  k nuts

4 Turbo flange nuts

Giugiaro Car

G Car 3.jpg

The normal one off price is £1500 + VAT.

The group buy price £1250 + VAT + Shipping

The kit includes

1 Manifold

1 External Wastegate – Turbo Smart Compgate 40

1 Return pipe (Manifold to rear system)

4 Head flange gaskets

1 Turbo flange gasket

1 Brace with rear mounting bracket plate

12 m8 k nuts

4 Turbo flange nuts

Alunox also produce the rest of the exhaust to complete the system for both cars in 2.5” or 3”

If you are interested in the Full System (2.5") as an option for the G car, this will be £1900 without the high flow race CAT and £2000 with it. I believe the CAT is mainly for the US market , it will come with the v-band mounted bypass pipe as well.

G Car 2.jpg

If you want to take advantage of this offer sign up below and I’ll add you to the list.

Thanks,

Mark K

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

1. Rocket63 - Stevens version please Mark

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

2). jcslocum  1984 G-Car without cat, just pipe full system to include muffler  

Shipping to Maryland, USA  

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo

1)  @rocket63  - Stevens version

2) @jcslocum (1984 G-Car without cat, just pipe full system to include muffler  )

3)  @pmlee   (Stevens SE, just manifold)

4) I'm adding @x180r19 to the list (Stevens SE, just manifold), since he is busy traveling right now

5) I'm adding @lewtus for a (Stevens SE, just manifold) style. (4 & 5) can ship together to Colorado in the USA)

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

^^^^^^^

1)  @rocket63  - Stevens S4 1995 Manifold (UK)

2) @jcslocum (1984 G-Car without cat, just pipe full system to include muffler  )

4) I'm adding @x180r19 to the list (Stevens SE, just manifold), since he is busy traveling right now

5) I'm adding @lewtus for a (Stevens SE, just manifold) style. (4 & 5) can ship together to Colorado in the USA)

6) @Htown (Stevens SE, manifold only) Combine shipping with #4 & #5?

Make that three to Colorado!  (where all the white cars live)

Stevens SE. just manifold.  Travis can find me, or [email protected]

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

4) I'm adding @x180r19 to the list (Stevens SE, just manifold), since he is busy traveling right now

5) I'm adding @lewtus for a (Stevens SE, just manifold) style. (4 & 5) can ship together to Colorado in the USA)

6) @Htown (Stevens SE, manifold only) Combine shipping with #4 & #5?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Just to confirm the above post....  I just need the manifold.

Thanks!!!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

Hey all:

Add me to the G-Car "Just the manifold kit" Group Buy!

Cheers,

Scott

2)  @jcslocum (1984 G-Car without cat, just pipe full system to include muffler  )

6) @Htown (Stevens SE, manifold only) Combine shipping with #4 & #5?

7) @greentengu G-car, just the manifold kit

1986 Esprit HCI (Bosch-injected)

4 hours ago, hopo said:

just very pricey irrespective of Group deal

Original manifold & wastegate adapter (if you could get them) are about £1250. Makes this look better value bearing in mind the work that's gone into and that it's stainless steel...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The price also includes the wastegate so this is very competitive with original parts, all three of which are known to have limited life.

Only issue seems to be the rear silencer seems to be different so mandatory to buy this also, unless I am missing something?

Hi Andy,

There is a different bypass pipe not shown in the pictures which will allow you to connect to your original rear silencer and is included with the manifold kit.

I will post when I get the photos. It will go between the wastegate and your original rear silencer.

Mark 

Hi Hopo, Alunox are starting production now , so when we reach the target of 30 or more for the group buy, they will be ready to go out. We have a good start but we need some more interest to make this fly.

Like you say this is pretty bloody good and I don't know if I'll be able to repeat it for future Group buys. 

Mark

Please add me to the list

Bloodnok - 1986 Turbo HCI Giugiaro  - Manifold only. Shipping to Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

2)  @jcslocum  (1984 G-Car without cat, just pipe full system to include muffler  )

7) @greentengu G-car, just the manifold kit

8) @Bloodnok 1986 Turbo HCI Giugiaro  - Manifold only. Shipping to Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo

2)  @jcslocum  (1984 G-Car without cat, just pipe full system to include muffler  )

ab

7) @greentengu G-car, just the manifold kit

8) @Bloodnok 1986 Turbo HCI Giugiaro  - Manifold only. Shipping to Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

9) @chris  Stevens 1988 carb turbo (uk)

Please add me to the list.

Stevens 1988 carb turbo (uk)

cheers chris

NR2k - 1984 G car full system, no cat, assume standard turbo flange for now but I would like to confirm this later. 

please add me the the list for the g-car manifold.

2)  @jcslocum(1984 G-Car without cat, just pipe full system to include muffler  )

ab abcabc

8) @Bloodnok 1986 Turbo HCI Giugiaro  - Manifold only. Shipping to Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

10) gfallon 1983 g-car manifold kit

Please add me to the list. I have a g turbo but would like to order a stevens manifold.

I notice the warranty has been reduced from 2yrs  of last group buy to 1yr this time and find that a bit strange as using cnc machine parts are claimed to increase durability.

Andy

Hi, I feel the need to correct this list as I keep getting notifications saying that my interest has been registered to buy a new manifold for an Esprit turbo!

As much as I'd love to own an Esprit, alas I do not, so i've change the name at position number 2 to the person who posted...

2)  @jcslocum  (1984 G-Car without cat, just pipe full system to include muffler  )

ab abcabc

10) @gfallon 1983 g-car manifold kit

Edited by JonS

Correct me if i'm wrong

2)  @jcslocum  (1984 G-Car without cat, just pipe full system to include muffler  )

ab abcabc

10) @gfallon 1983 g-car manifold kit

11)  NR2k - 1984 G car full system, no cat, assume standard turbo flange for now but I would like to confirm this later. 

12)  andmac - Stevens Manifold 

10 hours ago, JonS said:

Hi, I feel the need to correct this list as I keep getting notifications saying that my interest has been registered to buy a new manifold for an Esprit turbo!

As much as I'd love to own an Esprit, alas I do not, so i've change the name at position number 2 to the person who posted...

Sorry about that JonS, that was my fault.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

is there a turbo and wastegate available with this for a G car

hindsight: the science that is never wrong