free hit
counters
Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy - Page 9 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy

Stupid question of the day- the new exhaust systems are being made using 321 stainless steel. Does the 321 reference metal thickness? Someone asked me that question and I'm assuming it is but I'm not sure.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Invoices will be going out this week and manufacturer of all units should be complete in 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

@pmlee, @chris, @Teava12, @keith_95S4, @Jenna'sEspritTurbo - Please read the post below and kindly send your address to Alunox ASAP if you are still interested.

@greentengu (on behalf of x180r19), @lewtus, @Mattzx, again please read the post above kindly send your address and details of the system you require to Alunox ASAP if you are still interested.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Everyone on the forum will be contacted next week about payment and delivery dates taking some time getting info of the guys but we are there now and we are flat out on production. 

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Evora NA

On 7/29/2016 at 06:15, Bibs said:

:thumbup:  I just sent Leon email address a message  I have never heard from them and changed to the full G car kit with 3 inch option

On 7/29/2016 at 06:15, Bibs said:

:thumbup:

I sent Anita my info today. 8-1-2016. Where do we stand on this order and do I need to do something else?  

Sounds like there has been some communication problems.

Jenna

Hi Guys,

I've just got back off holiday, I've spoken with Anita they are working on the invoices getting the shipping / packaging costs together which are taking a bit of time. 

Production is still going ahead I will try and get over to the workshop this weekend

IMG_1197.JPG

All the parts have been bent and cleaned and are being purge welded 

IMG_1198.JPG

The CNC flanges / Collectors are ready as well. 

I will chase it up now i'm back

Mark

IMG_1200.JPG

• Like 2

At the 11th hour I'm having to make a change of direction.

Mark can you please remove my name from the list - I've sent an email to Leon/Anita to say I'm no longer requiring an Alunox manifold, for the time bring anyway. The Lotus Gods (Jonny & Mike from Lotusbits - thanks to you both) have been looking out for me and provided me with a stock solution.......which fingers crossed will be a goer! Thanks for all your help.

Please see below my Turbo Esprit sitting in the drive tonight drooling & now waiting on a transplant to put some colour back into its cheeks - roll on October!! :thumbup:

image.jpeg

First time in a LONG time that I have been wanting to PAY for something :-)

Haha- I agree- I'm usually up at 5 AM and the first thing I do is check my emails, looking for that special email from across the pond. My mechanic is now charging me a weekly storage fee while the car sits and waits, so I'm ready for it.

Edited by DJ Bob

Not sure if I want Alunox to rush my manifold.  I rather have mine perfectly aligned and welded instead.  

Perfection takes time.  I prefer less fitment, alignment and clearance issues.  

Zig

• Like 2

Zig- I'm in total agreement not to rush them, and hope the delays are because they are taking their time and doing things right. Just anxious to get my car back home and on the road- kind of like a kid at Christmas.

17 hours ago, Zig said:

Not sure if I want Alunox to rush my manifold.  I rather have mine perfectly aligned and welded instead.  

Perfection takes time.  I prefer less fitment, alignment and clearance issues.  

Zig

Zig, I'm with Bob in that I need to get this in house so I don't have to install the old system and build pipes to make it work. I don't want to do 2x the work! With what I see in the pics above, I beleive that the fit/function of this system will be very good and I do not expect any issue with install. The inclusion of the slip joints, spigots on the flanges to assure proper fit.

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo

I am watching my S4S becoming a dust collector.  I was in the mist of replacing cracked exhaust manifold and was ready to bolt an OEM replacement when this Alunox group buy posted!...  Decided to wait and install the Alunox manifold instead.

This decision ruined my seasonal driving pleasure and probably Midwest region will be covered with the white stuff before my header arrives, but...  I learned in my life that rushing things is sometimes detrimental to the outcome.

Zig

• Like 1

Zig- I put my car in the shop on 6/14 and found the waste gate adapter was broken. The picture is where the waste gate fits onto the exhaust system- the car's PO welded 10mm bolts on top of the threaded 8mm bolt openings, and one broke off. I was searching for a replacement part and found one in England when Jon (jcslocum) told me about this deal. My mechanic wanted me to go with the OEM replacement part but I figured with my luck I'd spend around $1K getting the part and having it adapted for my car, and then the exhaust manifold would crack, so in the long run this would be the better deal. I don't want them to rush at all and told my mechanic I'd check into a shipping date because he could use the space at his shop (and he's charging a weekly storage fee). 

wastegate mounting point.jpg

Hi Guys, just updating the list

1)  @rocket63 - Stevens S4 1995 Manifold - UK

2)  @jcslocum (1984 G-Car just manifold)

3)  @pmlee  (Stevens SE, just manifold) - UK

4) @x180r19 (Stevens SE, just manifold) - CO, USA

5) @lewtus (Stevens SE, just manifold) style. (4 & 5) can ship together to CO, USA)

6) @Htown (Stevens SE, manifold only) Combine shipping with #4 & #5? - CO, USA

7) @greentengu G-car, just the manifold kit - PA, USA

8) @Bloodnok 1986 Turbo HCI Giugiaro  - Manifold only. - UT, USA

9) @chris  Stevens 1988 carb turbo - UK

10) @gfallon 1983 g-car manifold kit - MI, USA

11)  @NR2k- 1984 G car full system, no cat, standard turbo flange - UK

12)  @andmac - Stevens Manifold - UK

13) @Saturn Silver - Stevens GT3 manifold - Sweden

14) @Teava12 - Stevens manifold - French Polynesia

15) @stephenwhyte - G-car FULL SYSTEM - UK - Removed

16) @NigelM- G-car manifold + exhaust - UK

17) @CarSalesman - Stevens manifold - PA, USA

18) @DrieStone - G-car manifold + catless exhaust- CT, USA

19) @Mrbmist - Stevens manifold - MD, USA

20) @faykfox - Stevens manifold - NV, USA.

21) @dawn - Stevens manifold - Istanbul

22) @ATSAaron - Stevens manifold -TX, USA

23) @DaveS4s - Stevens manifold - GA, USA

24) Mattzx - G car full system (no cat) - '84 Giugiaro Turbo - UK  - Full System Based on 10 GB

25) keith95S4 G car full system (no cat)

26) Stormy69 - Stevens

27) Zig - Stevens

28) Quadcam - Stevens manifold for 93.5 -usa

29) @850 Combat - Stevens with external connection capped Oregon USA 97141

30) MrDangerUS one Stevens s4s manifold same option as Zig's ( without the wastegate port option, w/new collector option ), shipped to USA

31) Jenna'sEspritTurbo -  (1983 G-Car just manifold) Milford USA

32) Top Plumber - Stevens Manifold

33) neverweaken - 1985 G car manifold - IRL

34) EW 89SE - Eric Winninger - Stevens U.S. market 1989SE Manifold only. Smooth collector type NO external wastegate option - USA 47408 postal code

35) Splashout - 1986 G-car manifold only for standard back box

36) DJ Bob  1983 everything up to turbo

37) Ianarm77 Stevens Manifold

38) Jime -  Stevens manifold

Mark

1 person likes this
  • Like 1

Oh jeez oh that looks good - I really hope I'm making the right decision changing my mind and using the cast iron one I've found. Beginning to wonder now :blush: Must stay strong!

20 hours ago, MarkKassim said:

Hi Guys,

I've been over to Alunox today things are moving , invoices going out soon , its taking time to get the best shipping carriers and quotes.

Mark

Mark- you might not know the answer to this, but how much are we talking about with the differences in shipping costs?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm being charged $25/week storage while the car sits at the garage waiting for the new system. I don't want to spend $100 on storage fees to save $50 on shipping- only the govt. can get away with that kind of financial strategy lol.

Plus, my mechanic is somewhat miffed at me because he wanted me to purchase a replacement OEM part he found in Lifton, UK which would have been installed by now.

Hi Bob,

All I know is they will be packaged up using foam in good box's to prevent any damage during transit and insured. I don't know exact prices so don't want to guess.  

Anita has contacted me and has some has some personal problems at home and so isn't in for the rest of this week. She will return next week and apologises for this as she understands people have been waiting a long time for the final cost and invoicing. She hopes you can bear with her and when she returns will work long days to get back on track.

All I can say production has not been effected by this and new member of staff has been taken on permanently, working with the team to meet this order. I spoke to him this week during production.

Mark