free hit
counters
[Ebay-bot]Lotus Esprit Turbo 1981 - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
ebay

[Ebay-bot]Lotus Esprit Turbo 1981

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sshhhhh it's a nail........

i want it

Only here once

terrible advert. The mileage also seems to have gone down instead of up.

Hope it makes a mint as that will help with future values.

:happy:

It's getting there......

Is there anyone in the Oldham area that would be prepared to have a look at this for me to see if it's worth buying ? Happy to cover costs and time for anyone! Save me a trip from Norwich plus I'm very new to esprit so would be going in blind !

thanks

Alan

Pete at PNM Engineering may trek over there for you, he's about an hour away. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Interesting mileage history!

In 2010 it did 30 miles. In 2011 it seems to have lost 2971 miles :) In 2013-15 6 miles.

The front bumper and indicators are a later type than 1981.

What are the wheels? They seem to be BBS not Compomotive but have split rim bolts and 4 studs.

Try Esprit cars in hazel grove, Stockport. Kevin, the owners built several lotus and (going back many years) repaired an HGF in an s3 for me.

0161 483 0700 I think.

indeed looks to have gone. as above defo some oddities about the car but could be made into a right corker. Id want all that work done by someone in the know though - not necessarily an MOT garage in Oldham!

Defo compomotive wheels though

No surprise there as it would have been a dry sump car if all as stated. I almost jumped in the car and drive from London myself!

Although there was quite a lot of strangeness in the advert. The MOT failure history online didnt seem to tie up with the work which had apparently been done and mileage all over the place.

The wheels are not Compos, the centre caps are BBS type.

yep, very nice car - shame I'm skint, cant think why... oh its because I already own one!

p.s Wheels are defo compos, I had the plastic caps on mine for a while, looked similar

re-finish the wheels - silver or gold centres (silver personally) get the bumpers and tailgate back to a nice satin black - ta da! corker of a car

- oh and get all that mechanical work checked!

I very nearly went for it. Had two long chats with the guy yesterday afternoon. Car had no history at all, 11 previous owners, all the work had been done by mates and enthusiasts for cash so no receipts other than the list from the MOT centre shown on the ad. It had been resprayed and bumpers and louvres wrong colours - easily fixed though. Milage record looked wrong which he couldn't explain. I was left with a long list of queries.

At the end of the day I didn't feel quite right about it. Would have sold for £20k as that's what he was holding out for to remove it from ebay.

I'm sure I will regret it in a few years when it has doubled in value.

Is it me, or could anyone have typed up that list of 'work done'..?

All sounds a bit dodgy to me, even more so after reading the post from NigelM who spoke to the guy...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

@Sweatow you have a nice looking collection of cars there. You should join us (in one of your cars) at our monthly Herts/Essex/Cambs meet (2nd Thursday)

Chris I will try and make a meet in a couple of months time, let me know when you are near the Stansted Airport area, scared to drive them so needs to be local, worried about that unexpected stone chip

Thanks Dan

I take it you have the yellow s2.2

Hi Matt

We were just up by Stansted earlier this month. Will let you know when we are next on the area.

Our cars need driving, the more the better for them, so I wouldn't worry too much about stone chips - mine has quite a few :)

Look forward to meeting you

Chris

Hi Chris

Yes let me know dates etc, hopefully my S2 will be ready shortly

Matt