free hit
counters
tidy looking 520 project on ebay - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

tidy looking 520 project on ebay

Dunc

I noticed this earlier....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Eclat-Classic-car-Barn-find-Project-/272259612138?hash=item3f63effdea:g:35QAAOSw6btXTVzu

I think it looks well worth saving (chassis permitted). rare 520 on wooflrace wheels. paint looks decent - interior looks decent - needs a couple of interior panels from lotus bits and some brown carpet. Easy stuff to do - spray bumpers, cut and polish paint. Engine bay looks unmolested.

I'd take it on myself, but a bit tied up with other stuff. Somone save it!

Dunc

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

That does look like a nice project. Already sold apparently...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Good luck with it.

post up some photos of the bagheera as well - I love them - test drove one when I was 18 - and my mum insisted at the time I buy something rhd and sensible:cry:

Only here once

The éclat 520 is probably overlooked but I think it's a case of less is more as this early car seems to run in the same vein as the earlier cars like the elan+2. Lotus are drivers cars. It has the Ford four speed box which should be great fun for driving around in London. A pot of cutting compound/polish and WD40, a few lotus bits and mechanical TLC might work but I'm not interested in spending the rest of my life nursing it to keep it on the road. That's almost like sadomasichism. This car has a lot going for it but Farmer Bob is right in that it will need a rebuild. It also needs a windscreen and this car has clear glass so it will probably have to be a new item. 

Nice one Roddy, congrats mate :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Good work Roddy! Glad it's gone to one of "us".

Agree wholeheartedly on the 520 angle - an overlooked sub category of an overlooked car. Hardly any left nowdays which is why I was keen for it to be saved by a TLF'r.

Dunc

It couldn't be in a safer pair of hands :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Cheers Comrade Dunc. The '76 520 éclat is an interesting piece of Lotus history. The car is now safely dry and secure. 

image.jpeg

Another love of my life, 82 éclat 2.2 riviera auto. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

If you painted your eclat yellow, you'd probably get Rosie Huntington Whitely with Angleina Jolie....

oh and Roddy.....

1 hour ago, phoenix said:

This means I finally get to capitalise on my little orange thing.

you need to be careful with the the fake tan.....:P

30 minutes ago, Dunc said:

If you painted your eclat yellow, you'd probably get Rosie Huntington Whitely with Angleina Jolie....

oh and Roddy.....

you need to be careful with the the fake tan.....:P

My dear friend Duncan, when you are eccentric enough to drive these kind of cars, you must consider fake tan normal and the éclat is a 2+2 which makes room for one more! I'm sure Jodie would love to take a fast spin in the back seat with me driving. 

image.png

• Like 1