free hit
counters
Hi from Northamptonshire - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi from Northamptonshire

Hadrian

Hi all, I've owned a red 2-eleven for almost 4 months now.  I enjoy driving it on track days mainly though it is SVA compliant.

My track car history is Porsche 993, Westfield Megablade, AB Performace Sabre and now 2-eleven.  One of the main reasons for moving away from bike engined cars was issues with the noise test and it's nice now to pass the test with ease.  That is until I start modding the car and fitting a sports exhaust!  I'm impressed with the 2-eleven performance.

Hadrian

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF :D

Pics please! Bet you wish you kept the 993, prices are a bit mental now for them! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Welcome from another local. I remember lusting after a red 2-Eleven for sale at Lotus Silverstone a couple of years ago. It was being offered on behalf of a member on here, who if memory serves me well, was selling it and a chrome orange Evora S to help fund some house renovations. I wonder if it was the same car as yours?

10 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Welcome from another local. I remember lusting after a red 2-Eleven for sale at Lotus Silverstone a couple of years ago. It was being offered on behalf of a member on here, who if memory serves me well, was selling it and a chrome orange Evora S to help fund some house renovations. I wonder if it was the same car as yours?

I suspect yes as I purchased it from Lotus Silverstone as well!  Showing signs of suspension wear & tear but engine & gearbox seem sound.

The Lotus handles infinitely better than the 993 in my opinion

photo from Rockingham track day on May 30th attached

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Welcome to TLF Hadrian. :welcome:

Have you got a Stig helmet?

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

21 hours ago, Hadrian said:

I suspect yes as I purchased it from Lotus Silverstone as well!  Showing signs of suspension wear & tear but engine & gearbox seem sound.

The Lotus handles infinitely better than the 993 in my opinion

photo from Rockingham track day on May 30th attached

image.jpeg

I suspect that that might be @Alex L's old car.

He recently 'swapped' a red 2-Eleven for a red Exige: 

Hi Hadrian, glad you're enjoying the car as it was designed.

Before me it was owned by Dave who now has a X-Bow and an Exige V6

the other two owners are both on the playground, Bruss and MatGlew

Coincidentally I have the same Bandit lid as you but recently replaced it with Bell RS7 Pro 

Hi Alex, great car and fun to drive, especially with traction control off!  Slow progress but gradually replacing nuts, bolts & washers with shiny new ones.  I now just need to make it faster without spending ££££'s

i see the forum cleverly changes S.E.L.O.C to "the playground'

Good man, I'm looking at making the new Exige faster with the upgraded supercharger

Edited by Alex L