free hit
counters
Black Art Graphics - Evora GTE Group Buy - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Black Art Graphics - Evora GTE Group Buy

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine arrived today, stunning! 

Haha, superb! OK guys, we're definitely getting it there now, I've listed the GTE pre-order on the website, please ignore the 'not available in A2 yet' stuff as that's template stuff from the oth

I've split this out into it's own topic now, it was messing up the GTE Registry thread.

Posted Images

Hey guys, as Bib's linked to above, we're running a group buy for a limited edition Evora GTE version of our laser engraved blueprint artwork.

Something a bit like one of these:

Lotus%20Exige%20S%20V6%202012%20Redwall_

Lotus%20Exige%20Cup%20260_zpsz823llru.jp

We have had a few requests for the Evora GTE, as you're all no doubt aware this is a very rare model with only 20 being produced, so with an extremely limited market we would pretty much need the majority of GTE owners to purchase one to make it worthwhile doing the photoshoot, creating the drawings and going through the approvals process with Lotus. Based on our previous products, all in the project is likely to take in the region of 50 hours!

As such we are going to run a group buy specifically for the GTE model. These will of course be limited edition pieces numbered 1 to 20, available in A2 format only, priced at £279 (normal price will be £299 for A2 size pieces) and we'll need a minimum of 10 people on board.

Once we've got 10 we'll arrange to shoot the photographs with one of the owners, put the artwork together and send it off to Lotus for approval. It will not be a quick turnaround, from the date of us taking the photos to achieving sign off is likely take 6-8 weeks.

So far we have 6 takers...

1. 21gg #2
  2. TBD #11
  3. DomGuy #3
  4. TheKevlarKid #15
  5. Bingoking #8
  6. Ishy #20
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
Edited by Black Art Graphics
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2 June 2016 at 14:26, Black Art Graphics said:

1. 21gg #2
  2. TBD #11
  3. DomGuy #3
  4. TheKevlarKid #15
  5. Bingoking #8
  6. Ishy #20
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?

Thought this would have filled up by now.

We need the last few stragglers to sign up for one, my missus will soon be asking me what I want for Christmas and I don't want to have to put anymore thought into it... Hint, hint!!

3 or 4mm aluminium iirc

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

5 hours ago, JeffK said:

Could be interested.  Exactly what material is it being engraved onto and how thick is it?

The blank plaques are laser cut from 3mm thick 5251 series aluminium. They are cut with 5mm radiused corners, ground at 120 grit to a brushed finished and then anodised and dyed matte black on all faces (the finish is so good there's not even a designated front and rear of the blank plaques!). It's a unique, high quality, hi tech canvas, perfect for our artwork and made specifically for us. No off-the-shelf materials here!

Although the manufacture of the plaques is outsourced to a local company in Poole, we do the laser engraving of the artwork in house using a top of the range Trotec engraving system.

4 hours ago, JeffK said:

Thanks.

If I have an engine upgrade, can I have the revised details engraved, rather than all the standard ones?

Yes we'll have the ability to modify some aspects of the design to suit the customer's exact vehicle. Things like aftermarket wheels can be tricky (technically speaking we need a license/permission from each wheel manufacturer to feature their designs), but modifying the technical specification shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by Black Art Graphics
  • Like 1

I donvt think aftermarket wheels will be an issue for the GTE B-)

But, quite a few have had the power increased by Komotec. 

It would also be nice to have the GTE build number (#X of 20).

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Excellent.  You can add me to the list. GTE No.13.  Obviously I will have to inform you of the exact car details and the artwork must include the tri-stripes and the third brake light that I have, as well as the positioning of the GTE logo that I have on the rear.

Jeff

No problem at all, every customer receives a proof copy of the artwork with the details they've provided incorporated before we go to manufacture so you can double check everything and add any details we've missed. :) 

On 12 June 2016 at 16:48, TBD said:

I donvt think aftermarket wheels will be an issue for the GTE B-)

But, quite a few have had the power increased by Komotec. 

It would also be nice to have the GTE build number (#X of 20).

OK well that won't be a problem at all. 

We will number each piece to match the car, do they have a LTD edition plaque anywhere at all? If so then we can replicate that on the artwork which always looks great! 

1. 21gg #2
  2. TBD #11
  3. DomGuy #3
  4. TheKevlarKid #15
  5. Bingoking #8
  6. Ishy #20
  7. JeffK #13
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?

Yes, they do have such a plaque. 

571.png

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

I've split this out into it's own topic now, it was messing up the GTE Registry thread.

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

OK, got permission from the OH for this as a combined Father's Day / Birthday / Christmas present. She thinks I could hang it in the garage. Yeah right: spend £279 just to give the spiders something else to crawl over. I don't think so!

1. 21gg #2
  2. TBD #11
  3. DomGuy #3
  4. TheKevlarKid #15
  5. Bingoking #8
  6. Ishy #20
  7. JeffK #13
  8. LotusLeftLotusRight #4
  9. ?
  10. ?
  • Like 2

No email confirmation And no record of the transaction in my PayPal account. So checked my internet history and it looks like I didn't complete the transaction. Now done and email confirmation received. 

• Like 1

Done!

• Like 1

Got four so far, few more due in next week, people on holiday etc.

So next question is a matter of arranging the photoshoot. Who is closest to Southampton and would be willing to pop down for an hour on a weekend?

If there's no-one within a reasonable distance then the easiest thing to do would be to shoot them at Lotus Festival... all we'll need is a bit of clear space (shots need to be taken from around 40m away) and somewhere we can shoot from directly above the car at a reasonable height (5m+), but I think both of these should be possible within the circuit if we do them before the gates open to the public.