free hit
counters
MOT - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

MOT

After being off the road 4 years and me owning it 15 months all the blood, sweat even a broken collarbone after she came off the jack hitting my shoulder I've finally got my old girl through a mot test with no advisories, I'm please to sat I'm one happy chappy

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well done, another on the road.

Most of us suffer loss of skin, bruises etc but that's a bit extreme and thankfully you're OK (now). I take it you no longer trust a car up on jacks.

A neighbor of ours was doing something on his Vectra, he was partially under the car ( had a limb under it etc) and we had to point out to him that the scissor jack was on stones on his driveway which has an incline, so not the safest of ideas. Ironically he's a paramedic and so knows all to well that people get injured by vehicles coming off jacks/ jacks failing. 

I removed a  differential from an Excel and was confident that releasing the final bolt was OK as I had a rope around the diff and the subframe, I swear I felt the breeze on my face as the diff swung straight at my face, I'd forgotten to think about the pivot point, length of pendulum and the mirror of the point from which it would be released.

• Like 1

Thanks Andy I'm well chuffed time to enjoy her now

haha yeah I had just removed axle stands and was lying on my side turning the handle of the trolley jack when the bit of wood between the diff and jack jumped out and bang

lol yeah luckily here to tell the tale  

Paul

Well done,I am going through mot process on my1980 s2 elite needed new bushes on diff mountings,beyond my skills ( garage doing it),told me it needed new cam belt as it turned out tensioner needed rebuilt,whilst bonnet was of did clean up / paint work of engine bay,trouble is I like elite more than excel,it's a wedge thing,it's going to be painful selling it,especially after all the work gone in to keep it on road,cannot justify keeping both,decisions decisions 

• Like 1

Yes ,hope to get back on elan this week as 3 years is up next month of working on it,apart from 8 month break due to unforeseen circumstances,budget is broken as well as time scale I must try and get organised never managed it so far

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 22:05, oilmagnet477 said:

Paul, congrats. I bet you are well chuffed. I can't wait to join the 'on the road' club

Well done. Did the MOT chap know what it was? :ermm:

Thank you Ant he did know what it was because I booked it in 2 weeks before so it would kick start me to get her finished  haha

Edited by boysmith

23 hours ago, el-torro said:

Well done,I am going through mot process on my1980 s2 elite needed new bushes on diff mountings,beyond my skills ( garage doing it),told me it needed new cam belt as it turned out tensioner needed rebuilt,whilst bonnet was of did clean up / paint work of engine bay,trouble is I like elite more than excel,it's a wedge thing,it's going to be painful selling it,especially after all the work gone in to keep it on road,cannot justify keeping both,decisions decisions 

wow sound

23 hours ago, el-torro said:

Thanks John wow you have your hands full their mate I can see where your coming from at the end of the day you can only drive one at a time, I hope you make the right decision good luck

regards Paul

21 hours ago, el-torro said:

Lotus elite s2 now road legal,only lots of small jobs to go including oil service as cam belt done 

Nice one yeah I'm going to enjoy mine but still have a few jobs to sort out