free hit
counters
Homelink system - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi,

New owner here - 2014 S SportsRacer - have tried searching but couldn't find any threads (?)

Has anyone managed to get their homelink system to work? We have a Garador system. I've tried 

1. Putting the Evora into "learn" mode as per the manual, trying to replicate an existing fob - unfortunately the Garador transmitters only send a signal for a couple of seconds - which doesn't appear to be long enough for the car to recognise it?

2. Putting the Garador system into "learn new fob" mode - and then pressing one of the 3 car homelink buttons instead. This didn't work.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got my Homelink system working. Finally got a moment to call Homelink in Europe  (they work office hours only and don't seem to respond to emails (I sent three)).   They confirmed

Thanks ricvx.

i've managed to get to the point of rapid flashing - which indicates success - but when I then press the button nothing happens.

i'm reversed up to the garage door as opposed to facing it - is this my problem?

i'm in Glasgow too - might need to come see you! 

Edit: had a crazy brain wave and turned the car around - made no difference. <_<

Edited by mik

I had a problem with my 2011 Evora when I had it and couldn't get the homelink to work. I eventually had to phone homeland in Germany and as I recall, it appeared that my car had been delivered with the homelink system set to Europe and not UK. I can't remember now what the sequence of button presses was to change it to UK but after I had followed the instructions over the telephone I managed to programme my system to open the car park gates at work. 

I have yet to try and programme my GTE Homelink system to my new garage door but will try when I have at least half a day to spare.

Homelink is mentioned on the 400 brochure in the small print as "Homelink is a registered trademark" but I can't find reference to homelink anywhere else in the brochure. :unsure:

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I love my Homelink. It was a bit fiddly to set up, but it's been working beautifully for the past 3 years.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Lotus have dropped it for the 400. That's a shame if true :(

Photos of the interior of the Geneva 400 prototype show the Homelink buttons in the roof lining. However, in photos of more recent production 400s, they seem to have been removed. 

Never been able to get mine to work, would be good to find out how to check this UK/Europe setting. Mind you, my shutter door has fallen to bits this week anyway. Doh. 

My door is not compatible - it has a rolling code so although the homelink can link to it, it can't do anything as the rolling code changes at once. Shame but that is the way it is with some doors.

3 hours ago, gregs24 said:

My door is not compatible - it has a rolling code so although the homelink can link to it, it can't do anything as the rolling code changes at once. Shame but that is the way it is with some doors.

Not sure what sort of GDOs you guys have over there, but if they're like our rolling code ones that utilize Security+, Homelink has these compatibility bridges that basically take the old-school Homelink signal from your vehicle and converts it to a more modern signal for your opener. 

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

My gates are made by NICE, which are quite a popular make here. The learn button only activates for 10 seconds..if. I really don't think that is long enough for the system to recognise the HomeLink.  The bridge seems the way to go the more I think about.  Mike. Did fitting the bridge mess up using your existing remotes?

• 3 years later...

After a short interlude 🙂 I thought I should come back and confirm that this same device allows the OEM Evora HomeLink system to work with Hormann door openers too. 😎  (I originally had it fitted to a Garador unit).

SO much nicer than carrying a fob remote around.

It will essentially work with any door opener that has an option for an external switch/push-button to be fitted. Which seems to be most of them.

• 2 months later...

And another snippet of info : if you can’t (or can’t be bothered to) get your HomeLink system working : I just bought one of these for another car in the family.

Doesn’t use the 12V supply, but sits in that position and looks neat and tidy. Avoids you having to keep a remote fob on your key ring, or rattling around in an interior cubby.

Ordered at 4pm yesterday on eBay - arrived this morning and took 30secs to programme. Can’t complain about any of that! 😎

spacer.png

• Gold FFM

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

@C8RKHNo, this one for me Andy.

Click

If your existing remote states “BS” in the code on the back - this is what you want. (I assume it does not refer to “Bull5h1t” in this particular application 😉 )

Ordered from this seller at 4pm yesterday and it arrived this morning.... impressed.

Edited by mik