free hit
counters
DRY SUMP TURBO FOR SALE - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

DRY SUMP TURBO FOR SALE

purso

This might be one of my less popular posts but after a short ownership/stewardship of my black dry sump 1981 turbo I will be putting her up for sale, reason being I have my eye on something else and simply don't have deep enough pockets to retain the car (sadly!!!!).

The car has been brought back to life(circa 6months ago) by the master Gerald @gst and is as tight and as well put together as a new car, it literally drives/cruises on the motorway/flys round the country lanes like no car of its age that I have ever driven!  As you might start to tell by my post I am nearly talking myself out of the sale here and now!

Once I can figure out how to log in to the classifieds I will post an advert there but here are some images for anyone that may be interested, drop me a message or give me a call 07534 895 718.

Cheers_DSC0001 (1).JPG_DSC0007.JPG_DSC0012.JPGimage.jpeg.199da8d27bc9fd28d151d733824a8ead.jpegimage.jpeg.3a5d0aa0997b80f9cc7acb7b7b15c1f4.jpeg

Brooke

few images courtesy of bazza

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 minutes ago, BP81 said:

Once I can figure out how to log in to the classifieds

Click 'Register', you don't use your forum account since it's a completely different website.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thats a little bit overpriced do you tink? its maby a Dry sump but one of the last ones ever build,

they prices rise, but not so fast.... i hope it will gets a good new home, but in my eyes its hard to sell for that price,

good Luck!

• Gold FFM

It's all in one piece and looks lovely though......

you want a dry sump all finished - it looks to be about the only one available - so the most expensive but also the cheapest..

• Like 1

Only here once

8 hours ago, Tocus said:

Thats a little bit overpriced do you tink? its maby a Dry sump but one of the last ones ever build,

they prices rise, but not so fast.... i hope it will gets a good new home, but in my eyes its hard to sell for that price,

good Luck!

saw this car at gerald`s,certainly not overpriced and looks lovely.Has been brought back to life by probably the best in the business and not some amateur bodger

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Looks fab. Good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Hmm maybe overpriced at the moment !!! (hard to value a car like this, rarer than a countach LP400), but you could wait over a year or 2 for the next one to come on the market and by that time who knows what it will be worth so I guess this is priced accordingly, correct me if im wrong but did they only make the dry sumps for about 18 months? looking at the photos one of the last ones ever built as it has the 5 stud BBS as opposed to the 4 stud comps and nor does it have the Panasonic roof stereo (optional) which I believe crucial on dry sump to get that extra interest in value, me personally would prefer white or copper which are like gold dust, however I believe this is the only dry sump RHD in the world on the market today, don't think it will last long even at that price    

And to be honest. I don't think it is appropriate to question some  ones asking price in public in his own topic.

This can be done in a private negotiation if interested.

Bij questioning the asking price, fairly or unfairly, it might compromise the sellers chances at a good price, or it may even withhold people of doing an offer.

The asking price may be high for someone bidding with the viewpoint on reselling the car with profite, but not for a collector.

Love the car, I prefer the black ones with golden decals

Edited by gvy
  • Like 2

Geert, I was hoping you were not referring to me, I was defending the rarity of the car as opposed to criticising the value on the earlier comments, if a person owns a car like this he can ask what he wants for it, not what people think its worth. Collectors know the true value, if I had the funds I would buy it, but im skint

Chris your right on the colour but white with the red decals, not gold   

15 hours ago, Sweatow said:

Geert, I was hoping you were not referring to me, I was defending the rarity of the car as opposed to criticising the value on the earlier comments, if a person owns a car like this he can ask what he wants for it, not what people think its worth. Collectors know the true value, if I had the funds I would buy it, but im skint

Chris your right on the colour but white with the red decals, not gold   

No , I was not referring to your post. I totally agree with your opinion