free hit
counters
The Evora GTE in the Alps - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The Evora GTE in the Alps

TBD

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They are the type of roads a Lotus is made for :thumbup:

I hope to cover some of those passes in September. After a weekend meeting with a group in Imst, Austria, we will be heading to Gravedona on Lake Como then on to Grindelwald, both for a few nights before heading home. Not yet finished planning the route so any suggestions @TBD would be welcomed

19 hours ago, PaulCP said:

They are the type of roads a Lotus is made for :thumbup:

I hope to cover some of those passes in September. After a weekend meeting with a group in Imst, Austria, we will be heading to Gravedona on Lake Como then on to Grindelwald, both for a few nights before heading home. Not yet finished planning the route so any suggestions @TBD would be welcomed

Just take a look at the list of passes above, I think a few of those are on your route (plus the Splügen).

We stayed at Parco San Marco on the Lugano Lake, which was marvelous!

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Thanks Thomas, I was looking at them last night & pinpointing them on a map, just need to start the route planning :thumbup:

We did consider the northern end of Lake Lugano before settling on the place we have booked near Gravedona. 

Really nice Thomas, did Stelvio and some other passes last summer myself. Not a big fan of motor homes and bikes though. The world would be a better place without them...

Out of curiosity what camera and logging equipment are you using? Tempted to get something similar myself.

I use a GoPro camera, record the data through Torque on my Android ICE and the sound with a separate audio recorder in the trunk. Mixing and synchronizing in Adobe Premiere are the real challenge.

Some more passes: Umbrail in snow.

Ofenpass, less spectacular but better weather

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Great videos @TBD, it seems we literally missed each other by 1 day and had quite contrasting weather conditions on those passes. We skipped Umbrailpass at the last minute unfortunately due to time constraint, looks a cracker so will definitely add it to next year's trip.:thumbsup:

The las of the poor weather crossings: San Bernardino.

It makes so much more fun in the sun: Nufenen Pass

The final installment:

Furka

Sustenen

Grimsel

Gotthard

Klausen

• Like 1