free hit
counters
Front side intake ducts - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Has anybody replaced the front intake blanking plates on an early Evora with the proper open ducts from later cars? I expect they would help a little with brake cooling.

Despite my steady laps at the Nurburgring last weekend, my brakes were definitely feeling the heat. Also, I've never been keen on 'fake' intakes on cars.

I've been looking at the parts on the DeRoure site, but it's not 100% clear which parts are required to fit them on an early car. I know new wheel arch liners are required, as they include slots for air flow.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you have a MY10-11, they changed the duct design from the MY12+, and the whole front bumper would have to be replaced (or the MY12 ducts would have to be modified).  Might be easier to just sw

I think the bigger hurdle if your 11 doesn't already have the (closed) ducts is getting them. It doesn't look like Deroure has part #s for those original ducts any more. And the MY12 ducts won't attac

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Brendonian said:

Has anybody replaced the front intake blanking plates on an early Evora with the proper open ducts from later cars? I expect they would help a little with brake cooling.

Despite my steady laps at the Nurburgring last weekend, my brakes were definitely feeling the heat. Also, I've never been keen on 'fake' intakes on cars.

I've been looking at the parts on the DeRoure site, but it's not 100% clear which parts are required to fit them on an early car. I know new wheel arch liners are required, as they include slots for air flow.

If you have a MY10-11, they changed the duct design from the MY12+, and the whole front bumper would have to be replaced (or the MY12 ducts would have to be modified). 

Might be easier to just switch pads/rotors to help stave off the fade. 

vents.png

vent2.png

• Like 1

I think the bigger hurdle if your 11 doesn't already have the (closed) ducts is getting them. It doesn't look like Deroure has part #s for those original ducts any more. And the MY12 ducts won't attach to the MY11 bumper using the existing mounting points.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, agentdr8 said:

I think the bigger hurdle if your 11 doesn't already have the (closed) ducts is getting them. It doesn't look like Deroure has part #s for those original ducts any more. And the MY12 ducts won't attach to the MY11 bumper using the existing mounting points.

Now, that would indeed make it tricky!