free hit
counters
Unemployed, first time in 30+ years - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Unemployed, first time in 30+ years

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh happy days. Interview No1 and been offered a permanent position back working in the UK. For me, not ideal, but hey a jobs a job at the moment and beggars cant be choosers in the oil industry. I sti

Well after getting the short end of the stick in the global oil downturn and becoming unemployed for the first time in 30 odd years, I have now completed my first week. But a few days back I started g

Cork's a lovely place, went there a few years back. Thanks guys for all the good wishes, it worked.

Good luck mate :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Congrats John. Hope it all works out well.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Interesting. We are in Cork now.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

My Grannys family were originally from Cork bud! 

Anyway, congrats John. great news!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Cork's a lovely place, went there a few years back.

Thanks guys for all the good wishes, it worked.

• Like 2

Great news.  Shows the power of networking (and doing your job well) as firms are happier to hire someone they know. Onwards and upwards

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

not sure how you manage to invest into '4wheeled projects' - if you have no job (therefore no regular income)  ?

..as this was what caused for me to stop serious investments in car/bike fun ..until now.

But anyway - you are experienced on international base, as I understand - so why not apply in the wind-energy industry ?  In Europe (especially in Germany) there are offers for offshore services, as so far there is of course a debate about more and more offshore as well as about the wind parks on land - but the existing systems need services and management.

http://www.deutsche-windtechnik.com/jobs.html

On my search for an adequate job in the automotive engineering field I came across those other offers, for mechanical engineering & 'service personal and wind energy engineering'.

Edited by Günter
add link

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• Gold FFM

Hi Gunter, unfortunately, the purchase of my projects was agreed prior to me being told I was to lose my job, if I had prior knowlege of what was about o happen, they would not have been bought as like any other I have more important things to spend the cash on. I.E. food, mortgage, electricity etc. However the deal had been done and I am a man of my word. There many jobs available in the wind farm industry, but it's not the type of work I fancy, although they have huge salaries. Wendy and I have a plan in place for my future retirement, so what we have done is just moved the plans forward by a few years and we are now liquidating our assets to have the plan move forwards. We are both pretty exited about as it has been a long term dream so now we will just have to see what happens over the next few months. This of course means the projects are up for sale. This includes my Toyota RAV 4, a cracking little M100 S1, a wide body Excel SE and one of the best original unrestored Esprit S3 N/A's you will ever find. A garage with far too many tools to mention and a load of spare parts.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

A garage with far too many tools to mention and a load of spare parts.

I've been retired 10 years and this describes my state to perfection. Also far too many projects to cope with....(!) Hope all works out for you.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

Well, what a Ferking week this has been. Found out on Monday night that the guy who was buying my S3 sent the cash to my bank account, only problem being some theiving ferking tow rag had got into his accounts and grabbed the cash. Ping, £8,500 spondooliks up the kyber, luckily his first payment was safe. But sale now cancelled.Our two laptops have been compromised and my mobile phone. One good buyer lost and shit loads of hassle from 3 banks, 1 police force and  an unhappy buyers wife.

This morning, wake up to a phone call from the company who gave me a new job to start mid August, message being, position has fallen through, the guy who had resigned and made the position available has changed his mind and is staying put. Ferk.

Then the last straw, the little M100 which I spent a fortune on last year for all new brake calipers, master cylinder etc goes in for her MOT, only to find one of the calipers is ferked and needs replacing. Guess what, one month out of warranty.

Ferk, Ferk, Ferk.

One highlight this week.  Nice 3.5 hour drive up over the Scottish highlands to Aviemore to meet Ramjet and his lovely wife Liz, spent a couple of hours with them before driving back via all the B class roads and had a real blast.

Oh crap! Not the meeting us bit. The other bits.