free hit
counters
My three costly (but worthwhile) decisions..... - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DanChantler

My three costly (but worthwhile) decisions.....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congrats, looks great in that colour ? Always fatal for the wallet when you start talking to Jamie ?

Great work Dan, completely bonkers but totally understandable?

I just hope you come on a road trip before you bloody change it again!

Lovely. I agree on th Caliper colour, black didn't "pop" enough for me.

Not sure why Lotus set Green Hethels to have black, Black Hethels to have yellow and only the Essex Blue to have Red.

Well that's just gorgeous. Congratulations. 

Jamie was instrumental in me taking the plunge and swapping my V6S out for my Cup (which you might have seen at Brooklands). He's dangerous, that one!

Enjoy the run-in period.

Many congrats! A great colour choice & combination and a very entertaining write-up. :thumbup:

I totally agree about the sound track. It is probably the one thing, (along with the steering balance & feel), that meant I just had to have a 400. The 1000 mile run-in period does not seem to take very long when you find any excuse possible to leap into it.

Health to drive. :thumbsup:

Running in for me is gonna need a road trip I think, given my work commute is only 3 miles :lol:

Congratulations. Looks great.

Its's remarkable how buying a lotus quite often quickly turns into buying another, and another....

Congratulations! It looks fantastic.

I'm another who finds that trips to a Lotus dealer just to "have a look" turn into very expensive trips. I pick my 400 up on Tuesday.

• Like 1

Beautiful interior and exterior colours. Nice one. Well done. Hope you really enjoy it.

Spotted a white 400 with red leather interior at Silverstone today. Lovely....

Do it... do it... do it...

hes even got a 400auto if you wanted to stick with auto :lol:

I had a look at the blue 400 Auto when I was getting my car serviced a few weeks ago, it's utterly gorgeous, though the interior was a little plain.

Thankfully, Jamie must have had the day off that day, so I escaped the showroom with my life savings intact!

Thanks all

200 miles today to Doncaster which even keeping below 4K was fun. The amount of attention you get is astounding!

On 7/8/2016 at 16:30, DanChantler said:

So about 6 weeks ago i was extremely happy with my S1 Evora NA that i had purchased from B&C only 7 months earlier.  I loved how it looked, drove and most of all how my boys loved it as much as me.  I then made the first of three decisions that has changed everything.

Decision 1 - i decided to go to the Lotus International meet at Brooklands more to show my two young boys the other cars than anything.  There i first saw in the flesh a number of cars i hadn't before - Exige cups, Evora SR and Evora 400.  Loved all i saw but wasn't enough to take my attention from my current squeeze .  Then i heard the 400 on the track for the concurs and well....wow....that thing made some racket.  All of a sudden , the S1 (even with the 2bular i fitted) wasn't ticking all the boxes.....hmm

Decision 2 - after a week or so i decided out of interest, and more in hope that the answer would kill any further attraction for me, to contact Jamie at B&C to see what kind of package we could be looking at if i was thinking of moving the S1 to a 400.  Knowing they retailed around the 75-80k mark i was hoping he would kill any idea by saying i had to fund the full balance (less part exchange).  Jamie's reply included the words "50:50".  Oh......

Decision 3 - After a few more mail exchanges i made the drive down to B&C to "just have a look" and maybe a little test drive.  Unfortunately the manual 400 was out of use so i got to drive the auto they had.  Even as i started it i really wanted to not like it.  For the drive to be no better than my S1.  For the sound to be quieter than the S1.  Well.....it failed.....on everything.  What a machine.....the sound on start up, the torque in every gear, the handling......everything was bigger and better.  I was truly smitten and totally screwed......

To cut to the chase from here.......5 weeks after the test drive i made my way to B&C today to pick up the beauty below.  Hethel edition with a few spec changes by myself (black alloys, red callipers, black signage on the back) as i thought the original look with silver alloys, the stripe no body seems to like and black callipers did not do the car justice especially with the red leather interior.  

To say i am happy is an understatement.  I'm hoping the 1,000 mile run in period goes quickly (a 350 mile round trip to Sheffield for a wedding tomorrow certainly helps!) but even running it below 4k revs, it is still a joy.  I'm only 80 miles in but so far the only niggle is that the new sparco seats seem to reduce the back area slightly so that my two year old in his car seat has a little less room than before.  I'm going to play with the seat angle or look at the John Lewis seat mentioned on another post as it seems to have a smaller base, to solve that issue.  Worse case he can learn to sit cross legged :) 

A massive thank you to Jamie at B&C.  As with the first Evora i bought, he was extremely helpful and open.  He even sweetened the deal by throwing in a few things for the kids.  I would thoroughly recommend dealing with him and i imagine i will again in the future.  Also thanks to JayEmm for his very helpful and insightful "Lotus Diaries".  I recall one of the videos said he hoped it inspired one person to buy a 400.....well it did with me.

IMG_0263.JPGIMG_0283.JPGIMG_0279.JPG

Hi Dan,

Could you give me the paint code for your green Lotus 400? (Paint code is found under the carpet in the back seat )

It's striking and I'd love to know the color to put it in my Lotus Color database.

Thanks Much

Martin

Welcome to TLF Martin. :welcome:

What type of Lotus do you have? What is your database all about?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

Ooh - like that. Well done. B-)

Congrats and welcome to the 400 club. Mine is a grey one with auto paddles. 

As my dealer told me when I test drove it, this is a lot of car! I am parking mine next to my Elise and the sheer size difference makes you think of how much of a beast this is.

I have put it under the really nice lotusforums outdoor cover (that I got for Father's Day) so uncovering it is making me all excited again every time!

Enjoy!

• Like 1

With hindsight it's simple maths:

400 test drive = 400 purchase

I usually keep my cars for many years, but couldn't resist the 400.

• Like 1